concentrating and charging an object

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
thing

concentrating and charging an object

Post by thing »

I'm not sure of the purpose of this...

any explainations?
sheherazade

Post by sheherazade »

please someone...tell me if i'm saying this right cause i have trouble explaining even the simplest things in words :oops:
to charge an object(by concentrating on the object & your intent)is to fill it with the energy of your intent(therefore making magick)
for instance....if you were doing a weight loss spell & inscribed a candle with the amount of weight you wish to lose...you would concentrate on happily & easily losing the weight...eating right blah blah blah & even chant something to go along with it.
when the energy feels like its peaking you grab the candle & "fill it with your intent" & then you can light it & do your stuff.
the same thing if youre charging an amulet for protection or a perfumed oil for attraction.
leaving something out in the moonlight also adds a charge to any totem.
did i explain it right :oops:
hedge*

Post by hedge* »

sounds about right to me :D

hedge
being-singular-plural

Post by being-singular-plural »

Good job Sheherazade,

I am all charged up just from reading your post. You can charge us up anytime!!!

Blessings,
bsp
sheherazade

Post by sheherazade »

oh you're just too cute!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
actualy...truth be told,i am lousy at raising enough energy to charge anything...which is why i don't do much magick :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :D
JBRaven
Banned Member

Post by JBRaven »

Plus it is a form of visualization.
thing

Post by thing »

thanks sheherazade :D
Aloron

Post by Aloron »

That was as good an explanation as any, but just to add. Charging and blessing your objects serves purpose as to prepare your objects for each time you use them. So when you hear about altar devotions in a ritual it means you are charging your altar and the objects on it for the ritual at hand. Otherwize your magic carries over and your spells can get a little screwy.

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”