Does anyone else feel more peaceful since becoming a Wiccan?

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
xAndreaMariex

Does anyone else feel more peaceful since becoming a Wiccan?

Post by xAndreaMariex »

I'm not really talking about people who were raised on Wicca or other Pagan religions. I'm just talking about people who converted from their last religion, or you might not have been religious. Personally, I feel like more of a peaceful and positive person.
What religion (if any) were you before you converted to Wicca?
Why do you feel more peaceful, positive, and maybe more respectful for nature?
JBRaven
Banned Member

Re: Does anyone else feel more peaceful since becoming a Wic

Post by JBRaven »

I was raised in an Orthodox Catholic. I was very unhappy. Very. While I did "pagan" thing before becoming pagan, I felt like I was doing something against the church. I consider me finding my faith in my teenage years my second best choice ever. I feel as if I am open for deeper understanding and feel closer to life in this path.
Thistle

Post by Thistle »

I was raised up to be Christian, even Mormon for a couple years, but it never really felt right to me. I'm not Wiccan, but I definitely feel more at peace since converting to Paganism. I think I was always meant to be Pagan....the feeling I've always gotten from just sitting in nature. Wonderful. I wish I had taken the step a lot sooner. Though I guess 25 is still pretty young. :-)
Zili

Post by Zili »

I too was raised catholic, I'm even a confirmed catholic, but the whole time i knew it was a lie. that much is evident by the saint name I chose for my conformation... St. Joan of Arc burned at the stake for being a "witch" as the folklore goes, she was actually basically burned alive though because she impersonated a man, that was the highest complaint against her that was proven.

Once I stopped believing the christian god was going to strike me dead for my beliefs I found peace in my religion.
AutumnMaidens

Post by AutumnMaidens »

I do, even with my depression I feel like true happiness can be found by just being outside and feeling the mother her wonders embrace me. Were it in the scent of the blossoms or the feel of the sun on my skin. The mother her voice resonates within me and makes being happy just that much easier.

Blessed be
"If you take a copy of the Christian Bible and put it out in the wind and the rain,
soon the paper on which the words are printed will disintegrate and the words will be gone.
Our bible IS the wind and the rain."
Greek_Male_Witch

Post by Greek_Male_Witch »

I was raised a Greek orthodox (Christian Orthodox) were magic,witchcraft and such was "devil's works" but after I got into depression, I felt so alone by my orthodox god, and by everyone, and then I heard "the call", I tried to find out as much valid information as I could, and boom! before I know it I became a Witch, I liked it/and still liking it, because the world makes much more sense now, I feel peaceful because I feel like I returned to the path I should have been, I like I was always belonging here. Now don't take me wrong, I did not left christian orthodox church, out of dissapointment on them, I just saw that witchcraft is better for me.
What Goes Around,Comes Around!
Fionn The Mutt

Post by Fionn The Mutt »

I daresay that the "peace" that comes with making the choice to refer to yourself as Pagan or Wiccan has a lot to do with forging your own personality and solidifying your own identity. A lot of the time when people say that they don't like labels, what they are saying is either that they don't like the labels that other people give them, or they don't like the idea of not living up to the expectations of others with the same label. Paganism as a whole seems to place less expectations than the majority of religious labels.
Black_Tail
Banned Member

Post by Black_Tail »

I was christian (general), my relatives were baptist, my brother converted to mormon then de-converted from mormon (it was a girl thing), my dad was a holiday baptist, and my mom was a newage christian. I felt much lighter once I became wiccan, but I still skirted the end between pagan and wiccan because it still felt like a big commitment. I think the peace came from connecting to the God and Goddess and accepting myself.
Thistle

Post by Thistle »

I definitely have to agree that it has something to do with accepting yourself. I know I feel I have. I felt lost for awhile, but it's like I found my way to a new path to journey on. one that feels much more right.
SpectacularRain

Post by SpectacularRain »

Well, I was raised Christian, went to church, the whole package. Anyways, the moment a friend of my explained Paganism, Wicca....I felt it click (cliche, I know...). Like I knew that was right for me. It made me much more peaceful, especially once I got a bit more into it.
Artie

Post by Artie »

I was raised as a Jehovah's witness, until my mom became more "spiritual" and dropped christianity. (She started researching the 6th sense, and realized that the bible was bs.) About 7 years later I discovered wicca, and she and my dad were cool with it. My dad is pagan-ish, he just doesn't have a title for what he beleives.
I'm 15 btw!
Here in the forest, dark and deep
I offer you the gift of eternal sleep.
OtakuScott

Post by OtakuScott »

I agree so much! I have felt so much better, especially after being through so much crap in my life. My friends are so happy that I'm much more positive again.

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”