Question About The Esbats

Chat about pagan and Wiccan holidays.
MattC

Question About The Esbats

Post by MattC »

I've often wondered about this. The full moon, at times, is actually completely "full" while it's daylight. Would this be the preferred time to actually observe the esbat? Or, would it still be best just to wait until that night? I'm sort of leaning towards waiting until night simply because the moon will be visible (hopefully). I'd like to hear your thoughts about this. Thanks! :D
witchmoon21

Re: Question About The Esbats

Post by witchmoon21 »

You mean the moon is up while the sin is also in the sky? that would be agood time to honor both the sun and the moon as they meet, its a time when both heavenly bodies are in the sky and to me thats a good time for strong magic.
i like to do my esbat rituals later at night though cause the house is quiet, and the streets as well.
MattC

Post by MattC »

witchmoon21 wrote:You mean the moon is up while the sin is also in the sky? that would be agood time to honor both the sun and the moon as they meet, its a time when both heavenly bodies are in the sky and to me thats a good time for strong magic.
i like to do my esbat rituals later at night though cause the house is quiet, and the streets as well.
If I remember correctly, the last Witches Calendar I had, it had the exact time the moon would be in it's full stage. Looking at this link http://moonphases.info/full_moon_calendar_dates.html the full moon tomorrow will be full at 8:36. I'm assuming, since they are going by the 24 hour time, 8:36 would be in the morning since 8:36 in the evening would be 20:36. Hope this explains my question a little better :D
witchmoon21

Post by witchmoon21 »

ah, not i get it.
well in this case i would wait till night time to celebrate. if not for anything else i would want to have my time to celebrate and do my rituals.

Return to “Sabbats and Esbats”