Specific path....Specific deck?

For discussion and questions about the tarot.
TheNagual

Specific path....Specific deck?

Post by TheNagual »

I am still "finding my way" on the path, but I do have a genuine interest in Goetic Ceremonial Magick. Does anyone know if there are specific decks for specific paths, or is it more a matter of experimentation and finding out what works best.
Ravencry

Re: Specific path....Specific deck?

Post by Ravencry »

Its more of finding which deck calls to you. It doesn't matter about the deck, it matters if it works well for you.
roseonfire

Post by roseonfire »

Ravencry has it right. There are some people who pick their decks based on their path because they want to feel that connection to their path in their Tarot, which is perfectly fine as they will probably find a deck modelled around their path that calls to them if that is what they are searching for as the deck and its user must find each other for maximum effectiveness so if what you're looking for is a deck to go with your path then that is where you are most likely to find a deck that calls to you. However, if you find a deck that calls to you that does not connect to your path, don't be afraid to use that deck instead. What matters most is the bond between you and your deck, not the bond between your path and your deck, as the two will become connected through you as the deck is connected to you and your path is connected to you as well. Therefore, even if a deck is not for your specific path, then that does not mean that you cannot still connect it to and charge it through that path, just as long as it has the connection with YOU.

And why yes, I'm a little Tarot crazy, just look at the latest posts in the Tarot Talk forum right now :D . Just in case you were thinking that after reading my post.
The Goddess is like the moon itself, guiding us in our darkest moments.
TheNagual

Post by TheNagual »

Thank you both for your insightful replies. Very helpful! And Roseonfire, I can indeed tell you have a casual interest in the Tarot :wink:

Return to “Tarot Talk”