G8 reaches deal for global poverty.

If there's a news article you'd like to discuss (witchcraft related or not), this is the place to do it.
hedge*

G8 reaches deal for global poverty.

Post by hedge* »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4083676.stm

This is brilliant news of course, and not before bloody time I'd like to add. But I can't help wondering what the hidden motives are. Call me suspicious and paranoid but I can't help feeling there is some hidden agenda for the G8. I only hope I am being paranoid and skeptical and that these 18 countries that are automatically wiped off the world debt list will benefit in more and better ways than just being debt free.

I would like to hear other's opinions on this subject which has been close to my heart for the last 5 or so years.

hedge
being-singular-plural

Post by being-singular-plural »

In matters of politics, dear Hedge, I am a cynical and bitter man. What is the point of it anymore? At least the way we have set it up. No one believes in politicians and everyone questions their motives. We sense that the system is wrong, regardless of the country, because capitalistic intent is always a form of guile and deceit. That said, communistic ideals don't work either as there is little room for human greed, which cannot be overcome--it seems. So we're stuck. When I vote, it is always for "the lesser evil." Do people not see the deep and fundamental problem with this? Why do we settle for this? I dunno. . .

So for the clearing of the debt, there must be a deal going on as the G8 cares mostly for the bottom line ($$$$) and making rules to reinforce its own power. So, I am cynical and skeptical, but if their decision improves even one life in an impoverished area, then I suppose it is a good decision.

Blessings,

bsp
JBRaven
Banned Member

Post by JBRaven »

All this this country owe this country this much is crap there is no way it can be paid off any how. And it isn't like the G8 really needs the twenty bucks back to buy daipers. You know. I am glad that maybe people that are very poor will have a chance to breath but just because the G8 drops the collecting hand doesn't mean any of these countrys will be better off.
Orion

Post by Orion »

The US forgives debts pretty regularly, part of the reason we are in debt. We forgive others but are never forgiven. This debt relief thing is good because it'll all those countries' economies to grow. And they will likely traded and take more loans from those countries who forgave their previous loans. And trade equals more money than squeezing turnips for blood.
And on the humanitarian score card, it's worth a fair amount of points to the countries being all nice and generious to the 'less fortunate.'
"Whoever undertakes to set himself up as judge in the field of truth and knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the Gods." -Einstein

There are always facts, the best most of us can do is try to continuously adjust our opinions to become closer to those facts. For that, there is Science and Philosophy. One to argue facts and one to argue opinions. The result: The big bang is some sort of sexual innuendo resulting from your subconscious.

Return to “News/Articles”