Just Got Back From The Other Side

Discussion of Reincarnation, Afterlife, Life-Between-Lives (LBL)...
One Walker

Just Got Back From The Other Side

Post by One Walker »

Consciousness: That Annoying Time Between Naps. :type:

On this Thanksgiving Day I gave thanks to The Maker for...

... my Life.

If I were to summarize my Life it would sound...

... just like Yours.

There have been times of great Sorrow and times of unimaginable Joy.
There have been Revelations and Evolutions.
I know what Love is, and have come face-to-face with the knowledge that it is within me-and hence within everyone-to do Murder... But did not.
I know who I am.

Then I laid down this afternoon to take a nap-a common occurrence when you are either very young or getting older-but the sleep was light. My thoughts were on preparing for what many are calling the end times, or at least a time of great change and upheaval that is nearly upon us. We are close to coming face-to-face with ourselves as a species. Anyway, I have felt this change that is coming in my bones lately and am taking steps to prepare for physically surviving it. I haven't felt sad or scared about it. Death is only the death of the physical body and that is inevitable anyway. Nothing and no one is ever truly Lost to us unless we believe they are.

But back to the point. After a while in this nap I began to feel a tingling sensation all over my body. It was like the gentle and not unpleasant pricks and needles you feel as a limb starts to go to sleep on you. I believe that it started in my hands and spread to the rest of my body but I can't swear to that. Soon I had this sensation all through my body. I felt myself lightening and start to sway as if on a boat in choppy waters. My Essence felt as if it were starting to turn in a counter-clockwise motion in fits and starts as I swayed. None of this really bothered me despite the fact it was a sensation I have not experienced before. I felt the Christ Consciousness (or Creative Forces) very near me directly over my body. I'm not saying Jesus was there with outstretched arms to catch or pull me or anything like that but I felt 'embraced' in a warm, peaceful, loving, joyous atmosphere. And I could sense but not see other beings around and behind this central consciousness who apparently know me and have passed over. They exhibited the same embracing. It felt like they were greeting an old, dear friend or loved one who has been gone for what seems a very long time and who's return is anxiously, joyously awaited. A grand and warm greeting! It felt like returning to your true home.

Between the physical sensations my body was exhibiting and the spiritual sense around me I found this to be a very pleasant happenstance. I knew I was in the process of passing over and really saw no reason to stop or fight it. And yet at least three times, and I think perhaps more, I felt a certain something that the circle was not yet complete and that I had more to do in this Life on Earth. This feeling was easy enough to shrug off since it wasn't exactly a 'nagging' feeling. It was more like just a passing thought. And yet it persisted in quietly, unobtrusively, coming back into my thoughts; almost drifting back in. I think now that this may be what caused or was represented by the 'swaying on choppy water' feeling I had.

So I hung there in this state and began to ask myself why this thought kept re-entering my mind since I was absolutely unafraid of passing over. I knew that there was nothing left to be done that I was indispensable for. Lives, and this Earth, will go on. Yes, I had, and still have, the desire to be of service to my fellow beings in the coming times but I didn't and don't see that as being a compelling enough reason to stay. Because no matter what happens the Earth will not die, nor will any of the humans inhabiting her except perhaps in the physical sense.

So why?

And then I remembered I had promised my mother that I would not die before she did.

Bang! I was instantly fully back in my body and fully awake from my nap. It was as fast as flipping a switch. Fourteen years ago; after the passing of her only other child; my mother and I became all that was left of our immediate family. We had gone through the passing of my father the year before so it was very hard for her and she asked that I promise I wouldn't go before she did. She did not want to be the last one left behind. I promised her and it was the last promise I've ever made.

This is the Power of Words.
This is the Power of Promises.

And remember this people: All Words come from Thoughts. Thoughts are THINGS, just as real as anything on Earth.

And just as Powerful.

So I guess I'll jump back into the foray and continue to do what I can to be of service to others. That includes more writing on the forums as well I suppose (immediately after waking I felt compelled to come write all this down). I just got laid off from my job yesterday so I should have some free time for awhile.

Not everybody celebrates this Thanksgiving Day but I dearly hope you all have had a wonderful day regardless. I also hope you know that EVERY day is a day to give thanks.

Peace, Joy, Happiness, and Wellness.

One Walker. :D
We have seen what Power does.
We have seen what Power costs.

One is never equal to the other.
Starwitch Stone

Re: Just Got Back From The Other Side

Post by Starwitch Stone »

Thanks for sharing your experience, One Walker. That was beautiful. I've had similar experiences myself and they are quite profound. The feeling of your soul swaying is a lovely one, assuming you aren't frightened by it. It sounds like you were having an out-of-body experience.

I'm glad I never made any such promise to my mother. I doubt I could keep to it if I were given the chance to die.

StarWitch
Visit Everything Under the Moon for Love Spells, Money Spells, & Wicca Spells.

Return to “Reincarnation & the Afterlife”