Book on Self-hypnosis ?

Paganism, witchcraft, and Wicca as portrayed on TV, movies, and popular culture. Buffy, the Vampire Slayer, Charmed, Practical Magic, etc. If you know of a good show or movie, you can recommend it here or discuss it with others.
Kitty

Book on Self-hypnosis ?

Post by Kitty »

I've been looking at a book on Self-hypnosis by Brian Alman called "Self-Hypnosis: The Complete Guide to Better Health and Self-change"
Has anyone read it ? If so what was your opinion ? Did it work ?
also if anyone has any other reccomendations for books on self-hypnosis I'd love to hear them
Thankyou :)
Kat xx
Traumwandlerin

Re: Book on Self-hypnosis ?

Post by Traumwandlerin »

To understand how the mind hoes into the hypnotic state and how it works in it, I would recomment anything by Eickson. I would also look at Miltonian language patterns which works so very well in the English language.

There is a free online-course, I'll look up the adress :)

The book seems really nice, haven't read it myself, but I've only heared good things about Alman.

I love hypnosis, you can ask me questions if you like. As long as I don't have to explain everything from the beginning ;) But if you read the book and have problem understanding some things, you can ask me here or PM me.
Kitty

Post by Kitty »

Thankyou :) I'll definately look into Erickson and the language pattern thing
I've never looked into it before but my mom got something done said it was amazing - novice me will probably have some questions for you despite the books - lol
xx
Traumwandlerin

Post by Traumwandlerin »

Look at this link http://www.hypnosis.edu/distance/ you can write yourself in a free online-course for beginners. After that you should be able to work on your own and easily understand other books.
Kitty

Post by Kitty »

eeee thankyou
you're amazing :)
xx
Traumwandlerin

Post by Traumwandlerin »

I haven't done this yet, but heard a lot of good things about this free course. Bu I've heard the advanced courses aren't really worth the price. They are quite oldschool and haven't devloped since the 80s. But to get a grip of basic conceptions it's ok. I will enlist me probably in the next weeks.
Kitty

Post by Kitty »

yeah - I won't be doing anything untill after Christmas [books are on my list lol] and january exams [blah -_-] but after that Imma check it out properly. favorited for now though :)
xx
Traumwandlerin

Post by Traumwandlerin »

I've enlisted yesterday and am currently working on the first lesson. I've got five days for it. Most things I've seen so far are correct and easily explained. But I've seen a misinformation -.- Soooooo wrong! But it was only mentioned as a sidenote and an example I hope they don't work with this later on. It was about the subliminal messages they tried in some US-cinemas in the 50s or so. Where the audienced watched a film and there were some ultrashort pics with coke or popcorn to short to notice by the wake mind. The sales were incredible high. So, while this maybe true, the sales weren't high due to the subliminal messages. Subliminal messages don't work, that's proven in many scientific studies. The original study wasn't done right. But it was mentioned in lesson one *sighs*.
Traumwandlerin

Post by Traumwandlerin »

So, I've done the whole course and took the exams and now got my certificate :)

Over all it's quite a good course. The theoretical background is a bit weak, but it works anyway, since hypnosis doesn't depend on the understanding of how it works. There is also a small chapter on self hypnosis which I really like. It provides a fast forward method and uses the same trigger that was used all the times before, so it already got an association to work faster :)

It won't teach you how to reach specific goals, but there is no need for that. It only teaches you how to reach different stages and gives you different methods for doing so. If you have a special goal and aren't sure how to reach it when you are in an hypnotised stage, you can ask me. Or use the new chat :) That's probably the fastest method :)
Kitty

Post by Kitty »

yep - I got to say the chat is very good for notifying - I probably wouldn't have checked back otherwise
I got a few books but I havn't started them yet - one more exam and I think I'll join the course :)
thankyou
xx

Return to “Witchcraft and Wicca in the Media”