Spell to Enchant a Mirror to Protect a Home

If you'd like to share a spell or ritual or start your own online Book of Shadows, feel free to do so here.
Serendipity

Post by Serendipity »

I seldom share a spell. There are two reasons for this. First I think it is best for people to write their own spells. Second I just don’t like to give people that much insight to my magic. Always remember!!! Knowledge is power!!! And, I just don’t see any reason to give anyone knowledge (ie: power) over my magical workings.

This is a spell I no longer use. I’ve replaced this protection with others over the years and so anyone who wants it is welcome to it. Enjoy.

Even as ye do gaze at me;
I look, and see, inside of thee.

That which you will not show,
I can see, and I do know.

Ill intent that you try and hide
Matters not, because I see inside.

So, just as your image I reflect,
All your ill intent I now deflect.

Your bane shall not pass by me
By my power, So it shall be.

Use any mirror you like for a doorway that opens onto an interior space, like an apartment doorway might. If you’re going to be putting this mirror on a door that opens to the outside and so is exposed to the elements you need to make sure it is a mirror that will stand up to the elements.

My suggestion is to paint the back of the mirror with several coats of thick black paint. The mirror is silvered so this shouldn’t cause any problem. Make sure that the paint dries thoroughly between coats.

Now the important part…

Print the words on the back of the mirror backwards so that when someone is facing the mirror they are facing the words in the proper way for them to be read (if the person could see through the mirror lol).

Other than the things I’ve mentioned above simply work with whatever magical techniques are part of your particular magical system. Phase of the moon, color correspondence, whatever, just do it in the way that “makes magic” for you.
ScarlettRose

Post by ScarlettRose »

That's really nice.
Thank you for sharing.
Breathing in I feel gratitude; Breathing out I give thanks.
Breathing in I feel joyful; Breathing out I celebrate.
Breathing in I know compassion; Breathing I am compassion.
Breathing in I feel loved; Breathing out I offer love.
Breathing in I am still; Breathing out I am at peace.
Om.
Earth Ritual

Post by Earth Ritual »

Thank you Serendipity for sharing this.

This one is different from many I've read on this site and elsewhere. Each word is charged in a way that is seldom displayed in public. It reminds me of myself and so I am in gratitude for your generosity and lessons in magical intelligence. And I echo this lesson for any new witch to allow for spells to season and grow before sharing, especially when some spells are Gifts from the Spirit World that are only meant for the receiver.
You are either for Life or against It. There is no in between.

I used to believe in god above. Now I'm filled with so much love.-Erykah Badu after the invocation of the Goddess

May the love that holds eternity at its fingertips kiss each and everyone one you on the lips. May your words bring worlds that bring hope to a world dying to be reborn.
Wiccan Z

Post by Wiccan Z »

I shall be doing this very soon! thank you so much for sharing. I think ill get my Girls mother to do it to.
Serendipity

Post by Serendipity »

Thank you ScarlettRose and Earth Ritual for your kind words.

And Earth Ritual thank you for understanding that not sharing some things some times is ok. When I open up my BOS and take something out of it to give to others it is an act of trust. To me it is as hard as handing someone the keys to my house or my car. In some ways it is even harder than doing that really.

I believe in the power of my magic very deeply and a wise witch, or as I prefer to refer to myself a Wise Woman is always very careful about what she lets others see of her power because sharing to much can give people power over you.

But, this is one of my favorite spells and even though I have moved on to others that for me have taken the place of this one I still think it has value and I wanted to share that value here.
Serendipity

Post by Serendipity »

LOL Wiccan Z you must have posted while I was writing my post to the other two. Thanks for saying you like it and I hope it brings much peace and security to your family.
Wiccan Z

Post by Wiccan Z »

Serendipity wrote:LOL Wiccan Z you must have posted while I was writing my post to the other two. Thanks for saying you like it and I hope it brings much peace and security to your family.
ahh but of course.
Ginger Faith!
Banned Member

Post by Ginger Faith! »

I have a question. Will the intent be the same, if i wrote that on my mirror, with an expo marker?
Because i write on my mirrors all the time, and i was wondering if i could do the same in this case.
Serendipity

Post by Serendipity »

The results you get will depend on your intent and on how well you push that intent and energy into any spell. This spell is no different.

Consider this spell a starting point. If you want to do something different to get either similar results with a different technique, or different results altogether then just adapt it as you see fit and know that it is totally correct for you as you do it.
Ravencry

Post by Ravencry »

If you don't mind, I would like to add what I do with negativity mirrors.
I like to face the mirror facing outward from the door or window, so that it reflects all negativity out.
Serendipity

Post by Serendipity »

Thanks Ravencry I guess I didn't make that clear enough.

The mirror should be on the outside of the door, that is why I say if the door doesn't open onto an interior hallway, like you might find in an apartment building but instead opens onto your front porch or such it needs to be weather proof.

And yes it should be facing outwards, towards the person knocking on the door. That's why you write backwards lol.

Return to “Post a Spell or Ritual”