2012 Beyond the HooHaa

Discussion of Reincarnation, Afterlife, Life-Between-Lives (LBL)...
Serendipity

2012 Beyond the HooHaa

Post by Serendipity »

The Mayan calendar is just that, a calendar, no more and no less. It is a remarkable calendar, even more accurate than the Gregorian calendar we use today.

Our Gregorian calendar that everyone is familiar with is divided into days, weeks, months, and finally years with each year rolling over into a new calendar.

The Mayan calendar is also divided into sections and rotates just as ours does (the divisions are of course quite different) only it does so more accurately. What is commonly called the “long calendar,” (the long calendar is a little more than 5000 years long if I recall correctly) is that portion of the Mayan calendar that will, “roll over” on December 21, 2012 just like it has done so more than a dozen times before without any disaster associated with the roll over.

Yes, we are going through some tough times, but if we want to look back through history we’ll see that the world is always going through some sort of tough time, and some disaster is always looming. That’s not unique to any calendar including the Mayan calendar. Baring bad luck and total coincidence the only thing that will happen on December 21, 2012 is that the Mayan calendar will roll over just like our calendars do every December 31st.
shadowx
Banned Member

Post by shadowx »

*applauds*

Not that anyone will listen. I have been spreading the "The mayan calendar doesnt end, it just recycles and has done before" message for a while but they never listen.

Still, it adds weight to the argument :)
Taz

Post by Taz »

I heard something this summer I had never heard before, my tour guide in Mexico told me that the Mayan calendar is not actually Mayan, but from the Aztecs.

Return to “Reincarnation & the Afterlife”