Planted 14 different plants

Love to garden? Me too! Garden talk and photos goes here: Flower gardens, vegetable gardens, organic gardening, natural pest control, houseplants, more.
Wiccan Z

Planted 14 different plants

Post by Wiccan Z »

15 if you count that i planted 2 rosemary plants. :3 I'm excited. any hints for keeping them alive lol?
icebunny

Post by icebunny »

Watering and a little miracle grow will go a long way, my friend.
Wiccan Z

Post by Wiccan Z »

perfect :3 i water them.
Ravencry

Post by Ravencry »

I added a moss agate to my garden, cause for some reason sage always dies under my care :/ So it helps keep it alive.
Wiccan Z

Post by Wiccan Z »

where can i but sage seeds?
Serendipity

Post by Serendipity »

I’m afraid we’ll need a little more info if we’re going to help.

Are these potted and indoors?
What is each one? Needs of plants vary widely.
What kinds of locations do you have them in?

Things like that matter.

I’m sure lots of people here will be happy to give you tips but there is also a wealth of information online and I’d suggest researching each plant online.

Also many plants come with little tags on them that give at least some basic care information. If they came with those tags that’s a good starting place.
Wiccan Z

Post by Wiccan Z »

All of them are potted, in 2" pots. They are in my window and i want to keep them pretty tiny, maybe later transfer them into 4" pots, but i might just keep in 2" of i can. They receive sunlight about 1/3 of the day. the plants are: Dill, Parsley, Chives (garlic), Cilantro, Basil (Genoves), Basil (lime), true lavender, common chives, sweet basil, rosemary, spearmint, oregano, Chamomile, and Italian parsley.

I need help with how often to water them, how to trim them, where to store the trimmed herbs, and how to keep them in 2" pots.

please and thank you.

Blessed be.
Serendipity

Post by Serendipity »

Some of those plants would do better with more light, but if it is a window that get’s direct, strong light you might be ok. I don’t know about keeping them in 2 inch pots, that will actually require a lot more work believe it or not, than keeping them in 4 inch pots. The roots will need more triming and they'll want to go to seed more often I'd bet.

As to specific requirements for each I’d still suggest checking out a good website. Maybe some people can remember better than I can but with the information available to you with just a few clicks on a button why not go for it?

It is a nice selection of herbs by the way.
Wiccan Z

Post by Wiccan Z »

Serendipity wrote:Some of those plants would do better with more light, but if it is a window that get’s direct, strong light you might be ok. I don’t know about keeping them in 2 inch pots, that will actually require a lot more work believe it or not, than keeping them in 4 inch pots. The roots will need more triming and they'll want to go to seed more often I'd bet.

As to specific requirements for each I’d still suggest checking out a good website. Maybe some people can remember better than I can but with the information available to you with just a few clicks on a button why not go for it?

It is a nice selection of herbs by the way.
yeah i decided when they grow to put them into bigger pots :3

Return to “Gardening”