has anyone ever seen a ufo?

UFO's, extraterrestrials, abductions, the Universe, planets, stars, galaxies, black holes, white holes, wormholes, and everything beyond.
Helen

has anyone ever seen a ufo?

Post by Helen »

has anyone ever seen a ufo???????
Wiccan Z

Re: heres a question for ya

Post by Wiccan Z »

Helen wrote:has anyone ever seen a ufo???????
My friend saw one crash on the beach, and watched as six aliens crawled out and walked along the beach.
smallpoxx

Post by smallpoxx »

^ Wonder how they got home.

I myself have never seen a UFO, but my next door neighbour once saw a green grid floating above her house, with two balls buzzing along the grid. (perhaps they were scanning her house?)

Another story I've heard comes from my freind, saying his dad seeing a black figure up in the air, with yellow parts of his body, which he called a "demon". It was apparently the scariest thing he saw in his life. :D
shadowx
Banned Member

Post by shadowx »

My friend saw one crash on the beach, and watched as six aliens crawled out and walked along the beach.
I doubt this story *greatly*

I have seen an odd thing, there were lights, the size and brightness of stars, except they were moving, i think there were three of them and i would say they were in a group due to their movements etc... i remember that they moved slowly (not a shooting star) but the light was constant, hence not a plane or human made aircraft. I cant remember if it was all, or one or two but some/all faded out at one point slowly and then came back. Eventually they all faded out.

The problem with UFO's is this...

The distances in space are so vast that if you are going to visit an alien planet with life you will need to travel 100s of light years. To do so effectively you need to travel at the SOL or faster than the speed of light (Faster Than Light (FTL)). Two problems, one is that physics says you cant travel FTL, i dont know the equations or specifics however i believe it is due to the fact that the amount of energy required to propel a molecule of matter is so great that the molecule becomes almost infinitely heavy and thus cant be moved. Suffice it to say we cant go FTL. So if we travel at 90% the SOL, which might not even be possible, we are dead before we get there, plus our fuel supply runs out and our space craft rots from the inside out.

Not only that... but space isnt empty, it is full of tiny atoms of helium and hydrogen and subatomic particles. They are so small and so far apart that they dont matter, unless you happen to be travelling fast, in which case it is like being blasted with a million shotguns at point blank range, you and your ship would disintegrate in seconds. Theres no real way of avoiding that, aside from a wormhole, however, given that nasa, SETI and thousands of amateur astronomers can detect an exploding star thousands of lightyears away the second an alien wormhole opened up anywhere remotely close to us it would be detected and thus we would know about it. The governments of the world couldnt silence that many people in time to stop the info getting on the net and the energy involved in creating a wormhole means that we *would* detect it.

The only remaining explanation is that aliens got here before we had the technology to detect their arrival, though i find this unlikely.

UFOs do exist... and i cant explain what i saw or what others have seen, but i dont believe aliens visit us.
Serendipity

Post by Serendipity »

Unidentified is just that, unidentified. It doesn’t mean from outer space or that it’s Big Foot taking a flying jump lol.

I’d be very surprised if most people haven’t seen something they couldn’t put a label on. In fact there was a time when I personally saw a lot of UFOs. I’d just moved to a new location, a rural area, and I didn’t know the area at all. I kept seeing things, different kinds of things, I couldn’t explain flying around in the distance. One day I see one and I’m like, “Ok, enough is enough.” I hopped in my car and starting driving towards it. I eventually lost track of it but not before I’d gotten pretty close and had a pretty good idea of where I’d lost it.

Imagine my surprise, and amusement, when I drove up to the sign for a small private air port lol. Lots of local farmers and other people kept planes there. Everything from single engine pleasure craft to small crop dusters to ultra lite airplanes lol. Mystery solved.

No folks, can’t say I believe in E. T.
shadowx
Banned Member

Post by shadowx »

No folks, can’t say I believe in E. T.
Aliens exist, this is almost a scientific fact, but "Alien" can mean anything from an alien single celled life form, similar to our bacteria, or a giant 15 legged swamp stalker who walks with its heads brushing the slimy leaves of a dark green marshland. Whether or not alien life has evolved beyond a life form similar to bacteria is a question i have no idea about. ET exists, but i dont believe he has been here yet.
Serendipity

Post by Serendipity »

I miss spoke and stand corrected shadowx! lol

Yes I do believe there is life in the universe beyond that which we have here on little ole' planet earth. I just don't think any of it is dropping in on our neighborhood.
shadowx
Banned Member

Post by shadowx »

I'll let you off :P

There was a stage where the first tribe thought that they were the only people in the world, today we look back and laugh at such an idea and yet we seem to accept that we are the only ones in the universe. Seems hypocritical!

It's a shame that i probably wont be here when they discover ET life, but with any luck i will still know about it from beyond the grave!
Packie99

Re:

Post by Packie99 »

shadowx wrote:

I have seen an odd thing, there were lights, the size and brightness of stars, except they were moving, i think there were three of them and i would say they were in a group due to their movements etc... i remember that they moved slowly (not a shooting star) but the light was constant, hence not a plane or human made aircraft. I cant remember if it was all, or one or two but some/all faded out at one point slowly and then came back. Eventually they all faded out.
There is a very reasonable explanation for what you saw. See, LEO (or low earth orbit) satellites are very common. My guess is this is what you saw. They appear like stars with constant light that moves at a steady velocity. Now, the variations that you experienced (fading in and out, a possible deviation of trajectory) is due to oscillation. Due to the efficiency of both movement and power needed for transmission. LEO satellites move at very high speeds, and can make a complete revolution in about 2 hours or so (my estimation). Not only this, but they are grouped together to provide larger coverage, or different functions.

As far as life outside of Earth. It's very practical. In fact, astronomers and astrophysicists have identified a planet that is optimum to sustain life. This is considered very exciting, because due to the previous estimations of planets within a sustainable position relative to the sun, it was thought we couldn't find one so soon. And you're right, even light speed travel is impractical considering the huge distances between star systems, but there are theories of way to overcome this, such as general relativity that, in larger expanses of space, creates recession velocity which is faster than the speed of light. Though special relativity (which is a greater order than general relativity and acts in a local setting) goes against faster than light travel. And then you have things like tachyons, but most physicist believe tachyons boil down to inconsistencies in theories and will be ruled out as the theory is refined.

Packie
Melindrose

Post by Melindrose »

One night I was walking down the road, gazing up at the stars I saw a bright circular white light go from west southwest to east northeast within a thousand feet moving about the speed of a helicopter making absolutely no sound. Was it an alien craft who knows, with all the star systems out there I think that it's possible that we are not alone; the only thing I doubt is that they are interested in experimenting on us, if they are capable of interstellar travel.
shadowx
Banned Member

Post by shadowx »

The thing is... even if we can travel FTL the minute subatomic particles will shred us to bits. we have two options to travel FTL one is inter-dimensional travel/wormholes and the other is to travel FTL somehow and then somehow move the subatomic particles out of our path. To move the particles the only thing that would work would be some sort of EM field but the field would need to move the particles at FTL speeds to get them out of the way like an electromagnetic snow plow. To work though it would need to be miles in length in order to give the particles time to be moved out of the way.

I see nothing prohibiting wormholes and think it is entirely possible that we will one day develop that ability which in turn means i believe that aliens have that possibility, however like i said a wormhole cracking into existence would be a huge event in our local vicinity, unless they opened it far enough away that it wasnt detected. Having said that we do have the "Wow" signal but it was short compared to the time needed to stream a platoon of spaceships through!

Interesting thought on the satellites though, i cant remember it clearly enough to say which direction they were moving in, but if it was life or death i would have to say not a straight line, almost as if they were flying around each other. But that could easily be a false memory so i am happy to put it down to satellites!
Packie99

Post by Packie99 »

I agree with your ideas around wormholes. If they exist, which I think it is plausible, it'd take a ridiculous amount of negative energy and mass associated with that to enlarge and sustain one. Also, the fact that wormholes are more or less a fixture as to where they end up. Could be the middle of the sun. Still, an awesome thing to think about. I'd love to see that happen, but I'll never live to see it.

As far as what you saw: I wasn't there, so don't take my word for anything. But one thing I can tell you is that here in Montana, you can see those "roaming stars" every night, and, sometimes, you can see over 20 within a very short time period. Once I saw one that was HUGE. I mean, probably 5-10x brighter than the others. I believe what I saw is actually the international space station, which is in LEO.

Either way, I'm just an undergrad student in math and physics. I don't know everything, and I certainly can't explain everything seen in the sky. I worked in the aeronautical engineering sector for a few years (Back when I was an engineering major), and I see some of this stuff, and it doesn't match up to what we have up there. Is it aliens? I would, 99.99% sure, say no. With all the possibilities to explain phenomena, intergalactic intelligent travelers is very low on my list. I think most can be explained by either an eye witness's lack of information and his or her jumping to wrong conclusion (also memory is one of the worst types of evidence), or light reflecting off what is naturally in the sky or distant towers and tall structures.

Anyway, great discussion.

Packie
Starwitch Stone

Post by Starwitch Stone »

Ron (my boyfriend) and his friends saw a UFO when he was a teenager. I also had another friend years ago who told me about a UFO that he saw. I've not seen one myself. Maybe Ron will post about his UFO sighting.
Visit Everything Under the Moon for Love Spells, Money Spells, & Wicca Spells.
Stonehenge
Admin
Admin

Post by Stonehenge »

First off, I understand where the people that don't believe in aliens visiting from another places are coming from. But honestly, if you look at all the hundreds of billions of galaxies that we know of, and the possible percentage of other places that life can evolve on existing, then you can see that life, or advanced life forms could really be possible. (That is from a logical perspective.)

Once when I was younger, in my older teenage years, a few friends and I were out on the outskirts of the town we lived in, just hanging, having a few beers, chillin'. When not only me, but the three others as well, two guy friends and a girl friend, all saw a bright disc shaped object in the not-so-far distance, probably 1/8 mile. The whole thing was glowing whitish light, not too bright to look directly into, but bright enough to see it had a definite shape, which was disc-shaped laying horizontally. We all watched it for several minutes, probably almost 10 minutes. This thing mostly hovered in the same position, except for a few slight movements from side to side a couple times. During this time we all noticed smaller different colored lights appearing to be located on the outer edge of the disc, and the lights were rotating around the circumference very slowly. But occasionally the lights would speed up, with no apparent reason for doing so, and in no mechanical or rhythmic fashion. From our perspective, and the approximate distance it appeared to be away from us, it seemed to be probably 300-400 feet across. (quite large even from the distance we were viewing from.)

This all took place on a Friday evening around 9 PM. It was only about 25 minutes after we had arrived to our drinking area (huge parking lot behind a large apartment complex, partially surrounded by wooded area, low lighted area) that we all saw this. So none of us were drunk, or even close to that. We all watched in amazement like we were mesmerized by it or something. Towards the end of the sighting, the smaller colored lights started to appear as if they were rotating around again, but then they continued to pick up speed until they were rotating so fast that you could hardly distinguish each passing color anymore. Just as I said to myself, "wow, those are spinning fast," they stopped. Once again there were stationary smaller lights through the middle of the disc. Then the object/disc/saucer started to move in an upward slight angle direction slowly for a few moments. Then the next instant it shot off at the same direction and out of sight in half a second... Gone.

What makes this more odd, is that we visited that area again Sunday night, two nights after the last time we were there, and saw something that appeared to be the same thing but in an area a couple miles away from where we first saw it. The object again was viewed by us all. It appeared to look like what we all remembered two days before. This time it only stayed around less than a minute after we noticed it. We did see it leave, and again it started slowly for just a second, then shot away very fast. I've seen many shooting stars in my life, and if you're not paying attention you can easily miss their quickness. They would seem like snail speed compared to a military jet speed. It appeared to be something out of this world to me and my three friends.

If anyone with an open mind looks at the history of mankind on this planet, and sees how far we, as a civilized society, have come in intelligence, technology, and better understanding of the universe, as well as our own world, then the more we can accept the fact that there are other living creatures/beings out there in the Universe.

These incidents took place in Marlboro, Massachusetts (27 miles west/slight north of Boston) in 1982.
"We are not human beings on a spiritual journey; we are spiritual beings on a human journey."
Starwitch Stone

Post by Starwitch Stone »

Thanks for sharing your story, Ron. Too bad you didn't have an iPhone back in those days. I'd love to see a video of that.
Visit Everything Under the Moon for Love Spells, Money Spells, & Wicca Spells.

Return to “Beyond the Earth”