Death

Discussion of Reincarnation, Afterlife, Life-Between-Lives (LBL)...
carraigin*nairn

Death

Post by carraigin*nairn »

My job is one that is very demanding and draining. I am a hospice nurse. My sole focus is to ease the transition from life to death, without pain. Once the patient has taken their last breath, I prepare the body to leave the home and comfort the family. I care for my patients and become very attached. I provide the best care, regardless of how I may feel or what may be going on for me. I spend my time with my patients doting on them, showing them love and comforting them in every way possible.

I can't say I have ever felt anything 'linger' following a death. I have heard the dead in 'distant conversations' after dying (with body still present in home). I have never felt a patient 'drain' me so to speak. I have felt a draining of sorts, in that I know I am giving all of myself at that one moment to a person in need.

Is there anything I can do to rejuvenate? Should I be performing a cleansing after a death? Any suggestions at all would be so greatly appreciated. And...I know of sin eaters. Is there any other pagan belief, etc regarding those who aide the living in the final hour?
reikihealer83

Post by reikihealer83 »

Hi Carraigin,

First, I have to say it is never easy when you work around the reality of passing. Something you may to do after getting out of work is taking a cleansing bath and visualize the energy that might have come home with you going into the water and down the drain. Another option you may want to consider is going for a walk and releasing the energy for the earth. I hope this helps. :)
carraigin*nairn

Post by carraigin*nairn »

It does help very much. Thank you for the advice.
BrotherH

Re: Death

Post by BrotherH »

Bless you for the work you do, carrigain. It's important and takes a special person.

I can't offer any recommendation for rejunvenation except to know in your heart that your work is appreciated. That should bring you a sense of satisfaction - maybe with gusts up to joy.

Return to “Reincarnation & the Afterlife”