Inconspicuous ways to celebrate Samhain

Chat about pagan and Wiccan holidays.
canobiecrazy

Inconspicuous ways to celebrate Samhain

Post by canobiecrazy »

Umm.. I still havent come out of the broom closet, and I really want to celebrate Samhain.. I really dont know how too without my parents finding out.. Any ideas?

Blessed Be.
Witch13
Banned Member

Post by Witch13 »

You can light candles to celebrate the day/night, if someone asks you can just say that you want to create atmosphere. You can also dress as a witch and wear whatever you like and be a bit more free cant you?
Its the thought that counts, so dont feel bad if you cant do somethign big.
And what is always on special days like that is to go out and look at the moon or even from your window!
and on a night like Samhain why dont you do fortune telling for yourself?
JBRaven
Banned Member

Post by JBRaven »

My family and I bury apples to "fed" the ones that have passed. If you can only grab one apple, cut it in slices and cover with earth. Give treats to children, blessing them as you do, feel connected to the afterlife. Think about your after life beliefs durning meditation. Any problems you have try to ask for clarity. Make sure everything that needs to be started is started before the date.
Seaspirit

Post by Seaspirit »

Witch13 wrote:You can light candles to celebrate the day/night, if someone asks you can just say that you want to create atmosphere. You can also dress as a witch and wear whatever you like and be a bit more free cant you?
Its the thought that counts, so dont feel bad if you cant do somethign big.
And what is always on special days like that is to go out and look at the moon or even from your window!
and on a night like Samhain why dont you do fortune telling for yourself?
And light some incense.. :P
In Light is birthed discovery.....in discovery is birthed the journey of power.

Return to “Sabbats and Esbats”