How do I find out who I was in a past life?

Discussion of Reincarnation, Afterlife, Life-Between-Lives (LBL)...
mermaid

How do I find out who I was in a past life?

Post by mermaid »

Hi I would love to know who I was in a past life but don't know how, I wish I could dream something but never do.
I think about the things I love and what makes me tick and wonder if they in some way are tastes from my previous life? I take quizzes online for fun and come up with all sorts answers, I know they arent real but it has peaked my interest in wanting to know who exactly I was, how do I find out? i try to will myself to dream myself in my past life befpre I sleep but don't dream anything or hardly ever remember, when I do happen to remember every once in a while it is always a bad dream, could that mean I had a troubled past etc?
mermaid

Post by mermaid »

p.s. will probably sound stupid(does to most 'normal' people I know anyway) but I always strongly felt i was a Whale, possibly some type of fish but more likely a marine mammal and very likely a whale, is this ridiculous to think I could have been anything other than a human in a past life? Because I really strongly feel a deep connection to the Ocean and feel I might have lived there once.
AlexanderDragonwolf

Post by AlexanderDragonwolf »

I believe in the evolution of spirit. It's not as simple as I'll put it here since I'm in a hurry, but I believe we have been everything from bacteria, billions of years ago, all the way though to humans.

I am good with tarots and it is my main instrument in finding out about my past lives. I started over a year ago by having simple intuitions that I would check and investigate thoroughly.
I also realized that some dreams were actual scenes from past lives. During this time I have come to identify about 8 past lives. I'm not the best at it, I know of people how have an easier time remembering.. I don't really remember, with the exception of the scenes I've dreamed off. I just have an intuition and expand on it if it's good, or kill it if it's bad.
Melindrose

Post by Melindrose »

If you follow I think it's Buddhist philosophy on re-incarnation then 1. yes it is possible, and 2. becoming human again would actually be a down grade in enlightenment. You work to human and then seek to go beyond, I would consider whale beyond. Of course that is my personal opinion and not fact; the ultimate state is to exist solely in an energy form where you can be one with the universe from what I've heard.
john85uk

Re: How do I find out who I was in a past life?

Post by john85uk »

Dreams can mean many things. Perhaps a whale is your animal totem? Why not look up what whales means and how they reflect your personality? I'm not saying you wasn't a whale I'm just saying the whale vibes you're getting might mean something else. Also the nightmares might not mean a terrible past life but could be a way of balancing a good present life. I seem to have nightmares when things are going well for me and I think it's just my subconscious preparing me for bad news. x
spook

Post by spook »

if you ask me being a human is a punishment,compared to being an animal etc.

are their ways to tell if you HAVE past lives and if so is it just a matter of hypnosis to see if they surface?
timemeansnothing

Post by timemeansnothing »

I've always thought I was some type of animal(s) in a past life. I had this dream when I was a cow when I was little and I've had this feeling I might have been a cow in a past life. I even think you could be reincarnated as plant forms.
john85uk

Post by john85uk »

I'd like to be a duck

Return to “Reincarnation & the Afterlife”