Forming a closer Bond with Element

Talk, spells, rituals, and questions about the four elements.
Seaspirit

Forming a closer Bond with Element

Post by Seaspirit »

So, what are some things you all do to strengthen your connection with certain elements?

Will you do a ritual, will you honor it in some way.

I am wondering, because even though Air is both my Star and Moon sign, it is the least element I am bonded with. Looking around my home, I have Earth, Water and Fire everywhere, but no Air.

I have a serious need to bond with this element. In a few weeks I am going up to the Mountains, (Air element), and want to use this as a bonding experience to Air.

I'm wonder what I can do to bond with this element while up in the Mountains.
Traumwandlerin

Post by Traumwandlerin »

I usually just meditated regularily to the element for bonding. But I never felt bonded to earth until I had a very earthly experience and gave birth to a child ;) After that, I understood it all, what earth is about and felt bonded. And also earth is my sign ;)

But what would be a really strng air experience? Only be sourrounded of air is probably not enough. Maybe someone had an air experience and could tell you more. For me bonding with air was the most simple experience of all. It came just natural. Maybe it helps being young, not really entered puberty.
Seaspirit

Post by Seaspirit »

Traumwandlerin...thanks for sharing your thoughts.

I really feel lost with this, and your post gives me some perspective to ponder.

I used to run about 12miles a week, and at that time, felt very bonded with Air. I'm about ready to quit smoking, and lately I have been feeling as if my breathing is a little labored!

I guess I am calling out to the Air element now the most, because I feel it very distant (through heavy breathing issues).

I think I know what to do here :P
Chatters

Post by Chatters »

Get outside under trees when it is windy. I use feathers and put them on the wind, I also meditate outside. Dancing in the wind is a wonderful feeling. I'm a air sign as well and feel very connected to air. The one I do not feel very connected to is fire, and of course I meditate on fire and candle light for this.

I connect to the air element to cast spells for ridding myself of negative emotions - allowing the air to take them away. Water is great for this also.
Chatters

Post by Chatters »

Also smoke - watching the wind take the smoke of incense is another great way to feel connected to air. wearing clothes that blow in the wind. Go somewhere that you know will be windy like a hill top or beside the sea
Ravencry

Post by Ravencry »

I like those ideas that Chatters added, so I am going to go off what she said for ideas....I think dancing in a windy place like the ocean would be beautiful, and a powerful way to connect to both water and air. Maybe, on a windy day, you could tie feathers to white and yellow ribbons, tie these on you wrists, ankles and waist and stand outside and feel the airs power. (I will probably be doing this soon, thanks for all the great ideas, Chatters :D)
missmelodygrace

Post by missmelodygrace »

I have wind chimes above my doorways and in one of my windows when i hear them I know the air is circulating it is a reminder to me of its importance

I also as often as I can open all the windows and doors and allow the air to flow through my house
Laugh your head off, dance in the rain.
Cherish all moments, ignore all the pain.
Live, Laugh, Love, forgive and forget,
Life is too short to live with regret.
Chatters

Post by Chatters »

Your welcome Ravencry. Love the idea of dancing in a windy place. Oh well the neighbours already think I've lost the plot, may as well go for it.

I will have to buy a wind chime one day, I'm surprised I haven't already got one
ScarlettRose

Post by ScarlettRose »

I really like everyone's different ways of connecting with the elements.
I also meditate when I want to get a closer connection. With water I picture like a river and how the water flows, I imagine myself just going with life and flowing with greatness that comes my way..
With fire (my sign) I imagine fire and then picture myself being feisty and sexy.
I've been trying to get closer to Earth. I wasn't quite sure how to do that, but I stand up in a comfortable position and imagine my feet making roots and going down to the earths core and feeling balance coming through my body.

Just stuff like that. (:
Breathing in I feel gratitude; Breathing out I give thanks.
Breathing in I feel joyful; Breathing out I celebrate.
Breathing in I know compassion; Breathing I am compassion.
Breathing in I feel loved; Breathing out I offer love.
Breathing in I am still; Breathing out I am at peace.
Om.
BoyWitch123

Post by BoyWitch123 »

I am quite bonded to air and water. Which is quite funny because my sign is fire. XD anyway I got bonded to the air because I meditated outside during a thunderstorm inside a tree. I felt the thunder and air rush past my body and it was amazing. I have mediated during thunder storms since and it really helps and its a wonderful experience.

With Earth I meditated outside in a small woods by my house and sent energy from myself to go into the earths energy. To do this visualize your Ki or bodily energy that goes off your will going into the earth your sit or stand on and then visualize the Green energy of the earth intertwining with you. You will start to feel warm and if you keep this connection I have actually heard the talk of animals by doing this and I keep doing this every chance I get because it seems to strengthen the bond between animal and human as well as the trees whom you know will contact you by sending a warm pleasent feeling through your body while mediatating.

With fire I mediatate in front of a medium sized fire or with candles around me and listen to the crackling of the fire and wood and take in all the smells. A friend of mine is very close to fire that he can actually make it rise and falls and twist around.

With water and sit on the sand close to where the water comes from the waves and allow it to wash over me while meditating. The feel of the water and the sounds will get you closer to the element in my opinion or even sit outside when its raining and meditate.

Remember to always keep your Ki energy hi because good things can come out of all this with practice. at least in my exprience.
Lost_Demise
Banned Member

Re: Forming a closer Bond with Element

Post by Lost_Demise »

You are looking for a way to strengthen your bond with air? It's one that can be bonded with anywhere for it is everywhere. I would suggest doing that outside though. If an elemental sensitive would be made sick by modern buildings I assume they would probably hinder trying to get more connected to an element if you are inside.

Listen to the wind for it whispers. What is it whispering? What is it singing? Nothing yet many things. Dance outside, sing outside, talk to the wind, dance to the wind, sing to the wind. The wind is quite easy to connect to, it has made faces and sides to it and emotions. The wind can hear you more then you think, it can understand more then you think. Even just trying to pay attention to the air flowing in and the breath coming out of your body can help connecting to the wind. It is more wise then meets the eye. The wind can be a trickster that way, for it appears so carefree and playful and in some ways it is. It can help someone feel happy and joyful- but one can learn from the wind well. The more connected you become with wind and understand it the better you will be able to understand the words it speaks and the more sense it will make.

I myself don't try to strengthen my bonds with elements very often if at all. I am elemental sensitive(that I believe is how it translates in english to be called). It means I was born with a hyper sensitivity to elements. Each element has different branches, and those branches have branches, and those branches have branches.. like a large overwhelming tree. In the old days a person would need to just apply a medicine on their skin and wait for it to soak to gain a defense so it would not hurt all the time as a result to this sensitivity.

Smelling them, feeling them, hearing them, seeing them, sensing them.. It is a very good thing I am not in this body and control it from a distance. If I was in this body and in the physical I would be sick every day all day. In fact, one time I had accidentally increased my bond with this body too much and as a result made it feel sick. I had to walk outside in the rain for an hour so I could wash the horrible sickness chocking feeling the house had given it. Even if could have been easy to lower the bond I waited until after it felt fully cleansed by the rain, wind, and earth around it because that connection would have increased the speed of recovery.

Because of that I am not usually eager to form bonds with the elements, because being elemental sensitive isn't a fun feeling and doesn't make me feel all too eager to try. Never the less I am deeply connected to earth, wind and water. With fire though I think it doesn't like me and I have no idea how to bond with it at all.

I already said how I bond with air so I'll move to water. Water is generally very easy for me to bond with. Baths, showers, swimming in pools, or lakes. Walking by large bodies of water, swimming or being over or near the ocean.. Closing my eyes and visualizing myself surrounded by water, breathing under water laying in or on a vast ocean of clear water. In that visualization to hear the waves gently move over me, around me. No bottom is in this ocean, no borders, no restrictions. Only the great flow that washes over your everything. I use rain too, it feels like both a connection and like the greatest form of cleansing that involves water. To feel the waters spirit cover you, wash over you, flow over you.. What an amazing feeling. The water, wild, calm, wise, mother, father, beginning, change, rawness, refined, undefined, inner power, inner strength, beauty, mystery, an undefined line between the sexes..

I will have to say the best way to truly understand and fully bond with earth is likely to be a parent. Being a parent myself for some reason in itself makes me feel closer to earth and more bonded with it. Ways I bond with earth is touching plants and feeling their life flow, standing or walking barefoot on soil and feeling its life flow in and out of me. It feels like such a mothering element, like it is trying to wrap around you in a mothers embrace. Sometimes I just connect by closing my eyes and envisioning myself being held by light brown arms covered in branches and feeling roots under my feet and her feet under my feet. You don't need to see any part of her, only her arms wrapping around you from behind. Then to just listen to that sensation.. and then envision a maze like never ending forest with tall trees. To walk within that forest bare of animals. The further you go in to that forest the more animals you start to see. The further you go in, the more animals you can hear. Those are the ways I connect to and bond with earth.
Y0m

Post by Y0m »

Lost_Demise,
Bond fires are one of the best ways to bond with fire. I like to have a huge fire pit and a drum circle while I dance with the flames :)
All I know is I love you.
That's about all I can do.
ScarlettRose

Post by ScarlettRose »

Y0m wrote:Lost_Demise,
Bond fires are one of the best ways to bond with fire. I like to have a huge fire pit and a drum circle while I dance with the flames :)
Oh my gosh! That is so much fun :D
Breathing in I feel gratitude; Breathing out I give thanks.
Breathing in I feel joyful; Breathing out I celebrate.
Breathing in I know compassion; Breathing I am compassion.
Breathing in I feel loved; Breathing out I offer love.
Breathing in I am still; Breathing out I am at peace.
Om.
Y0m

Post by Y0m »

ScarlettRose wrote:
Y0m wrote:Lost_Demise,
Oh my gosh! That is so much fun :D

Do it during a full moon for full effect ;)
Last time i did this was with a huge group of people and we howled at the moon as dogs after haha
All I know is I love you.
That's about all I can do.

Return to “The Elements - Earth, Fire, Air, and Water”