Cursed friendship?

Discussion of Reincarnation, Afterlife, Life-Between-Lives (LBL)...
icebunny

Cursed friendship?

Post by icebunny »

I have a friend who confided in me his great frustration last night. His best friend and he are very close, but rarely spend time together because every time they do, something bad happens. Really bad - his car getting stolen, her recent DUI, etc. When they met about seven years ago, they dated for about six months, broke up, and have remained friends. It seems to me that they must have some residual emotions regarding their relationship, and that a personal cleansing would be a good place to start for each of them, as well as a long sit-down between them to talk about whatever emotions they are still working through. Beyond that, I'm not sure what to tell my friend to do. Either his best friend and he should remain friends, work through their issues, and get along without the world ending every time they meet, or they should not hang out at all.....which doesn't sound like the best resolution. Any input?
shadowx
Banned Member

Post by shadowx »

her recent DUI,
That isnt a curse, that is a friend who has no morals and no care for those around them. Someone who would willingly risk the lives of themselves and others for a bit of "fun" drinking or drugging. Nice. That aint no curse... its stupidity and she deserves it.

The car getting stolen... depends where it was nicked from. If it was outside a house then bad luck, if they drove to some secluded spot or a crime hotspot for a day out then it isnt a curse, its just the fact they put hte car at risk in the first place.
icebunny

Post by icebunny »

You know, if it were a one or two time occurrence, I would be inclined to believe you. I do not personally know the girl, but I do believe she is of mostly sound moral character, with a side of occasional bad judgement due to the fact that she is human.
icebunny

Post by icebunny »

Oh and he doesn't leave his car lying around in the ghetto, either. The people I associate with have no need to be around druggies either. I find it rather offensive that you automatically assumed these people are white trash. I wouldn't be asking for advice on this forum if I thought it were something like that.....I would call it bad luck/crappy judgement. There is a seven year history of bad things happening only when they spend time together - and they do things like eat lunch, go line dancing, etc......no bad habits involved.

Return to “Reincarnation & the Afterlife”