Gypsy Witch Playing Cards?

For discussion and questions about the tarot.
MidWestWitch

Gypsy Witch Playing Cards?

Post by MidWestWitch »

Hi, I was given a deck of cards that are entitled Gypsy Witch fortune telling playing cards. They are from my grandma and she has her own way of reading them and my aunt has another, with the same deck. Since it's mine now, I'm reading the little guide it came with and I have NO idea what the heck it is saying, it's all a bunch of hocus pocus, it doesn't make any sense. These cards look ancient like from the 1940's or something. Anyways, Should I use them? Should I just go find a deck that appeals to me with a better guide? Can you use any guide with any deck? I am so incredibly lost. They are numbered too.

Any and all thoughts and advice would be so appreciated! Please and thank you!!
Ravencry

Post by Ravencry »

I think that you should play with them a little, try to feel a connection with them. You can sleep with them under your pillow, I like to offer mine incense after I use them a lot, and I have a quartz crystal with them in the bag that helps direct more energy into my readings, helping them to be accurate. You don't have to use the guide, just use them as you would any tarot. Look to the symbols for advice. What do you sense the card as? Does it have a sad energy? A happy energy? Or a demanding energy? This is how you can personalize your connection with them.

If, after a week or so, you still are confused by the cards, and don't feel any connection, I suggest you look for your own deck that you feel appealed by. Things to consider when looking for a deck are:

Do the images appeal to me?
Are they simple images or a specialty deck?
When I hold them, do I feel drawn to them?
Do they represent you?
And in their images, do the meanings make sense? Or do they confuse you?

Any form of fortune-telling cards are said to already hold positive energy when they are given freely to someone.
MidWestWitch

Post by MidWestWitch »

Thanks for the advice, I will try the pillow and quartz thing!

Return to “Tarot Talk”