2012 Theories: What's Yours?

Discussion of Reincarnation, Afterlife, Life-Between-Lives (LBL)...
Love Is Endless~

2012 Theories: What's Yours?

Post by Love Is Endless~ »

I've never been one to believe in 2012, no matter how publicized it is. I've seen the movie, and I've seen the TV documentaries, but nothing they've said has proven to be worth believing in. I've read so many theories within the last year. What theories have you heard, and which ones do you think are possible?

Here are the ones I've heard of:

1.) A mysterious planet, called Nibiru, travels through the solar system and collides with the Earth on December 21, 2012.

2.) There is a giant solar storm on the sun which destroys all technology and life, even when some scientists speculate that there will be minimal solar activity during this date.

3.) The sun, being a star, goes supernova and destroys the Earth in the process.

4.) On December 21, 2012, the poles are supposed to reverse--the North Pole will be the South Pole, and vice versa.

5.) A varying amount of Christian end-times prophecies could come true. The AntiChrist would rise on this date, the rapture would occur, the plagues of the seals, trumpets, and bowls would start, and Armageddon would occur.

6.) A supervolcano underneath Yellowstone National Park would occur, destroying a massive amount of land area around it, and creating an ash cloud big enough to circle the world and block out sunlight.

7.) One of the more entertaining theories, some say that 2012 relates back to the Ancient Alien theory. The aliens who visited the Mayans left that date on their long-count calendar to state their return date.

8.) Aliens will invade earth, either to help or to destroy us.

9.) December 21, 2012 will be the starting date of World War III, a war that could potentially be the largest in history.

10.) This date could be when the Aquarian Age either a.) begins or b.) reaches its high point, causing a widespread spiritual enlightenment and the beginning of a utopia.

11.) A newly-elected U.S. president or high-ranking official from a foreign country could begin one of the most powerful political administrations in history.

12.) A series of massive earthquakes will shake the world (no pun intended), and even gain magnitude high enough to break the state of California off from the U.S. mainland.

13.) It could just be another day in the world; no apocalypse, no end of the world. Just another normal day.

What do you think?
What else have you heard that could be added to this seemingly endless list?
Peregrine

Post by Peregrine »

I have to do some reading up on it. All I know is the movie. It was another one of those extreme possibility natural disaster movies sort of like "The Day After Tomorrow."

Maybe the Mayans just ran out of numbers, or they died off before they had a chance to continue the calendar, or the calendars are being misread. Maybe it is a loop, to start over at some beginning point again like the zodiac symbols in those horoscopes.

Or maybe it is like the Death Card in the Tarot Deck. It is not literal death, but some major global change. It may not be some catastrophic issue but a lot of fundamental changes will occur.

Cosmology is a funny thing. Never say never. Yet I'm not panicking. Analogy would be the possibility that a meteor could fall out of the sky and land on my head while I am sleeping, thus killing me. I don't rule out the extreme possibility, yet I'm not in a panick. I am not going to knock myself out finding life insurance policies with any meteor-related accidental death riders.

Eh, shoot away ShadowX or anyone else. Cannot ruin this one any further than I already did myself. :lol:

Like I said, I'm only familiar with the movie.
It's like walking down an empty street, listening to your own footsteps. But all you have to do is knock on any door and say, "If you'll let me in, I'll live the way you want me to live. And I'll think the way you want me to think." And all the blinds will go up, and all the doors will open, and you'll never feel lonely. Ever again.

~Henry Drummond, "Inherit the Wind" (1960)
Ember Nightwolf

Re: 2012 Theories: What's Yours?

Post by Ember Nightwolf »

Well, it's a fact (apparently) that a number of planets are going to line up in some kind of order, but what the effects of that will have we can only guess. I hope somethings going to change, anyway, because us humans have messed ourselves and the planet up pretty badly anyway. Some say there will be a great apocalypse, some say there will be world peace.
There are three sides to a coin.
Lost_Demise
Banned Member

Post by Lost_Demise »

Some people also believe the veil between here and the spirit realm will fall at 2012~ That's a missing theory from there that I herd people say a lot.
shadowx
Banned Member

Post by shadowx »

*sigh*, in the words of Smith.

Why why WHY Mr Anderson do you PERSIST

2012, a number comprised primarily of the digit 2, the third in the human number line with an equal part of both the digit 0, to mean nothing, and the digit 1, to mean solitary.

That is all it is. Allow me to debunk...

Planetary alignment:
HOLY CHRIST!!!!!!! Planets line up, prepare to die!!!

Or not perhaps, here is a graphic showing the positions in space of the planets of our solar system during 2012:
http://www.alicesastroinfo.com/wp-conte ... 121212.gif

Not even two planets are aligned let alone all of them.

an extra planet kills us all:
considering it has just over a year to get here and kill us all it hasnt made much of an appearance yet.

The sun has over 5bn years of relatively peaceful activity before it kills us. It is also not the type of star likely to go supernova, it will not happen.
A solar storm would not harm the majority of technology on earth. We have had several all ready with minimal effects to every day life. It would be a bad day, indeed a bad month, perhaps a bad season, but all it takes is the replacement of capacitors and transformers and the grid is back online. The internet would be largely unaffected and consumer goods would also be unlikely to suffer.

Pole reversal takes a long time and wouldnt kill us all.

Absolutely F*CK all is going to happen on 2012, but i will be glad to openly mock those who insist it will, dont be shy!
Lost_Demise
Banned Member

Post by Lost_Demise »

I'm not insisting really, just reminding of a theory they forgot. Be it something does or doesn't happen, I'll laugh ether way.
roseonfire

Post by roseonfire »

Everyone seems to think the Mayans died off. In fact, they still exist today and still keep their secrets, many of which we do not yet know as they release them as they see us ready to receive it.
The Goddess is like the moon itself, guiding us in our darkest moments.
black dove

Post by black dove »

I don't think that it will be "The end of the world", but rather, the end of the world as we know it. I believe it will be a pivotal year. I am sure nations will collapse and wars will break out, but I don't think we should go to the lengths of preparing for the utter end of the earth.
Just looking for the answers to life.
)O( Blessed be
AutumnMaidens

Post by AutumnMaidens »

I kind of like the idea that in 2012 we're supposed to reach a new level of enlightenment, even if it's rubish I would welcome it happily. And if the rapture happens me and st Peter would have some discussing to do.

I think nothing will happen, they've had notions like this before. The world and the spiritual world are ever changing, there is not one set plan, there is not one line we all follow unconciously, and if there is there would be nothing we could do to stop it, it would go as destiny proclaims it and thus concidering it becomes rather pointless.

Bless
"If you take a copy of the Christian Bible and put it out in the wind and the rain,
soon the paper on which the words are printed will disintegrate and the words will be gone.
Our bible IS the wind and the rain."
Symandinome
Banned Member

Post by Symandinome »

I definately feel something with happen on or around that day but i imagine its going to be for the better humanity. take that and pick for yourself what that could be!

Have you heard about May 21 2011 though LOL that is the QUESTION!
MissCandlelight

Post by MissCandlelight »

Is our sun big enough to go supernova? Doesn't it have another stage first or something (wish I'd listen in physics classes)?
Personally I'm a big supporter of the whole enlightenment idea, or the veil between the astral plane thinning. Either that or the Mayans just died before finishing their calender.
I like to think that if the world does end, it will be natural, not caused by humans, and that it'll be quick and painless :)
roseonfire

Post by roseonfire »

I repeat once again: the Mayans are NOT dead. They are still alive, still practice their ways and hold their wisdom. They also have other prophetic calendars they have not yet felt we are ready to have. Also, the Mayans said the world will not end the way we think it will, but rather we will ascend to a higher plane of existence- or lower, as an argument I've made based on contemporary theories of physics on another thread.
The Goddess is like the moon itself, guiding us in our darkest moments.

Return to “Reincarnation & the Afterlife”