First Harvest

Love to garden? Me too! Garden talk and photos goes here: Flower gardens, vegetable gardens, organic gardening, natural pest control, houseplants, more.
MoonCat

First Harvest

Post by MoonCat »

Lammas is coming, and I'm getting the first harvests out of my garden. Today I harvested three zucchini. I sliced up one plus some potatoes I'd dug up a couple days ago into a chicken casserole type thing. Unfortunately, I overcooked the zucchini horribly. I hate overcooked vegetables. But surprisingly, it still tasted good.

I planted raspberry bushes this last spring, and one of them actually gave me a handful of raspberries. They never made it inside. I didn't bother to clean them or anything. I just plucked them off the bush and popped them in my mouth. Yum!

I keep planting melons, and I've yet to harvest a single one. I tried again this year. The cantaloupe are blooming, but I don't seem any melons forming.

I've lived in apartments for most of the last 35 years, and I'm really happy to have a house with a yard. It's great to walk out into the back yard and come back in with supper.

Return to “Gardening”