Book Advice: Is there a book that covers different paths?

Paganism, witchcraft, and Wicca as portrayed on TV, movies, and popular culture. Buffy, the Vampire Slayer, Charmed, Practical Magic, etc. If you know of a good show or movie, you can recommend it here or discuss it with others.
moonwaterwitch

Book Advice: Is there a book that covers different paths?

Post by moonwaterwitch »

I have been learning about paganism, neopaganism and Wicca for approximately four years. However, I am keen to explore all spiritual paths and to determine the path meant for me.

My question is this: Can someone recommend a book which covers many different paths, i.e. druidery, shamism, wicca? In truth, I feel like I've cornered myself a little with my sole dedication to learning about Wicca.

Any help would be gratefully received.

Moon Water x
WitchyLady506

Post by WitchyLady506 »

the sad thing there isn't such a book, as most who will try to say they are or that they're eclectic or whatever are very Wicca infused, as that's what the author practiced before hand and didn't think to get unlearn it. The best you can do is try to read as many books as you can about every path you can.

A Reformed Druid Anthology. It's a very interesting collection of writings about the the reformation of druidism in North America.

Right now there are some pretty good articles about Shamanism being put up. Also, writings by Phil Hine.

I really think everyone should look up articles pertaining to what's consider Traditional Witchcraft which is basically folk magic, though not quite. I also think everyone involved with magick in general should read all the works of Franz Bardon, as the man knew his craft and explained things quite clearly in how to do things, though his methods do take dedication.

Also, don't be afraid to look up things like Dark Paganism, Hoodoo/Voodoo/Voudon, Santeria, Luciferian, Satanism, and Chaos magick, as all have some very interesting things to teach and help you to realize what you do or don't believe. I'd say also look at Kabbalah and ceremonial magick, though those subjects can be a bit awkward and overwhelming to some degrees.
They say only Silver Bullets kill the beast inside.....
Snowflake_11

Post by Snowflake_11 »

Well if you're wanting a book that will open your eyes to an interesting way of thinking and viewing the world I would suggest Brida by Paulo Coelho. I just finished it and it really speaks to me. It may be fiction but it has a very interesting outlook on life that I could really identify with. It re-energized my quest to find my path and made me excited about learning again.

What I love most about the book is that it accepts all paths, and doesn't really try to place one over another. It simply speaks of following your dreams and being happy.

Return to “Witchcraft and Wicca in the Media”