Rose Problems

Love to garden? Me too! Garden talk and photos goes here: Flower gardens, vegetable gardens, organic gardening, natural pest control, houseplants, more.
lunar*dandelions

Rose Problems

Post by lunar*dandelions »

Right beside my house, every spring, these gorgeous red roses pop up. They are really beautiful but they don't last very long. They were there when I moved in with my family awhile ago. So obviously none of us know how to take care of them. They last one or two months tops. I just hate seeing them die and wither away. But I have no idea what to do with them.

How do I keep those gosh darn roses alive? BB.
WitchyLady506

Post by WitchyLady506 »

Depending on the type of rose that it is, that's what it will do. The best thing you can do for it is make sure the roses are getting the proper nutrients, you can but rose plant food at any place that sells gardening supplies. Also, prune them. When ever a bud starts to wilt, cut it off. Part of why it's dying to soon is that while some buds start to die, the plant does every thing it can to try and keep them going, which winds up killing the rest, so prune the dying buds, and especially do so after all the buds have wilted as it will help the plant to come back healthier the next year. Also, don't be afraid to talk to it and tell it how beautiful it's flowers are.
They say only Silver Bullets kill the beast inside.....
lunar*dandelions

Post by lunar*dandelions »

Thank you :)

Return to “Gardening”