Just curious?

Discussion of Reincarnation, Afterlife, Life-Between-Lives (LBL)...
LovelyLeo

Just curious?

Post by LovelyLeo »

Lately I've been watching ghost whisperer quite a bit and I got to the episodes where Melinda's husband dies; his ghost enters another dead man's body (he just died) while the man's soul goes into the light. In the show, they call it "stepping in". Has anyone heard of such a belief in real life and is it called "stepping in"? Obviously, it is just a tv show-but I wondered if there's any truth to this? :shock:
zenine

Post by zenine »

Ghosts possessing bodies? Sure that concept has shown up here and there. but apart from Monkeybone (a movie, incase you haven't heard of it) never heard of dead spirits swapping bodies.
To see the world in a grain of sand, and heaven in a wild flower. To hold infinity in the palm of your hand, An eternity in an hour.
(William Blake)
LovelyLeo

Post by LovelyLeo »

zenine wrote:Ghosts possessing bodies? Sure that concept has shown up here and there. but apart from Monkeybone (a movie, incase you haven't heard of it) never heard of dead spirits swapping bodies.
Oh Monkey Bone...yes I've seen that. It's been a while though. Hmm...I would think someone would have heard of something simular to the gw show? Anyone?
zenine

Post by zenine »

I didn't see the one where her husband dies. Why not wikipedia Ghost Whisperer and then find the episode list. read the one where her husband dies (just read all the episodes in that series to find it) and if wikipedia mentions stepping in, and it's in blue, click on it and see what it says. It might give references to where that's happened or said to happen before.
Unless anyone knows where stepping in has happened in another show, but it sounds like a ghost whisperer original to me. Sorry I missed that one so I can't discuss it :(
To see the world in a grain of sand, and heaven in a wild flower. To hold infinity in the palm of your hand, An eternity in an hour.
(William Blake)
LovelyLeo

Post by LovelyLeo »

zenine wrote:I didn't see the one where her husband dies. Why not wikipedia Ghost Whisperer and then find the episode list. read the one where her husband dies (just read all the episodes in that series to find it) and if wikipedia mentions stepping in, and it's in blue, click on it and see what it says. It might give references to where that's happened or said to happen before.
Unless anyone knows where stepping in has happened in another show, but it sounds like a ghost whisperer original to me. Sorry I missed that one so I can't discuss it :(
Good idea, thanks! I'm horrible at searching the net so I think I'll give it a try. :)
shadowx
Banned Member

Post by shadowx »

The spirit cant sustain the body on its own, otherwise we would never die so long as we wanted to live. The body must keep itself alive, the spirit cannot do so.

So no, this cant be possible. The entity could be in the same space as the body but could never re-animate it to make it live again, nor make it move etc...
Toriach

Post by Toriach »

shadowx wrote:The spirit cant sustain the body on its own, otherwise we would never die so long as we wanted to live. The body must keep itself alive, the spirit cannot do so.

So no, this cant be possible. The entity could be in the same space as the body but could never re-animate it to make it live again, nor make it move etc...
Well I agree in cases of actual death. I think sometimes it is possible though for the spirit to leave the body when it is near death and then the body get's pulled back from death, also some times I think the body under goes such severe trauma that the soul is for want of a classier sounding term, dislodged. Then the body is open for potential walk in spirits. Now usually these entities are lower astral entities (aka "demons") and sometimes they can be higher entities (aka "angels") but I suppose under just the right circumstances (which to be sure you are more likely to find on tv than enywhere else) a human soul could take up residence in another body.

Return to “Reincarnation & the Afterlife”