Torn.

Talk, spells, rituals, and questions about the four elements.
Lady Lynell

Torn.

Post by Lady Lynell »

I'm new to this board, yes, but when it comes to trying to decipher my element... well, that has been an issue for me for quite some time. I appreciate nature as a whole, that is undeniable. I'm never more at peace then when I'm away from the modern world with labels and plasticity. I can also say - with little doubt - that I am not of the fire element due to the fact that I fear fire, hate heat, and have have a paranoid phobia of being burnt or electrocuted.

My struggle comes down to water and air. I've always felt a deep connection with both elements, as I love to swim and it's hard to get me out of the water once I've stepped in. However, I've also always been very "in tune" with the air and wind around me and even when it is frigid... I never find myself complaining. I love it's power and storms excite me in every sense from being my muse to eroticism.

I just would like to know how it is I'm supposed to choose the one I'm most connected to, though after reading my own little snippet here I'm thinking that air is definitely more up my alley...
Thorn Healer

Post by Thorn Healer »

I think you answered your own questio love! ^_^
Lady Lynell

Post by Lady Lynell »

Thorn Healer wrote:I think you answered your own questio love! ^_^
Don't you just hate it when that happens? Oh my, but yes, I believe that I did.
shadowx
Banned Member

Post by shadowx »

I believe that the elements are merely personalities of magick, they are not separate energies in themselves but rather the same energy with a different personality. So as i am fire i would perhaps use fire energy to burn away illness and purify the infected person of their ailments, whereas a water person would use the same energy as i did, only they would call it water and instead use it to *wash* away the illness and cleanse the person.

We used the same energy but we applied it different ways...

Now... I also consider when people say "I am a fire person" that they dont mean they are made of fire or they breathe fire or simply that they like fire, i consider "fire" to be a one word summary of their personality in ordinary life. I consider myself a fire person because i am easy to stoke up, and when i am angry i do not hide it. I love confrontation and actively enjoy arguing and debating. I am fairly harsh but at the same time the people who treat me right feel my warmth, in contrast to fools who get burned.

An air person i would consider to be fairly stable but at the same fluid and always in motion, having creativity and flair but at the same time being largely quiet and thinking a lot. Not afraid of attention but not attention seeking either, happy within their own world they would still be quick to react to confrontation either be sidestepping it or going full on but not necessarily enjoying the confrontation as much as a fire person would.

Water would be more stable still, having fluidity and movement in life but at the same settling down into comfortable channels more often than an air person. Creativity would be there but it wouldnt be as obvious or important and i feel a water person would be more likely to resolve a confrontation than avoid or get involved in it like a fire would. They would be fairly grounded and slow moving in terms on life changes and even taking more time to think about big purchases and decisions where a fire or even an air would go out on a whim.

An earth would be the most solid and stationary of all, strong a resolute in confrontation but less likely to lash out, instead more likely to take the higher moral ground and let the insults and arguments bounce off. Creativity would be lower but perhaps logic would be more important with more time spent thinking about a situation or a big purchase. This is not to say an earth would make better decisions than others only that they would think more. I would describe them as less adventurous and passionate (about life and everything) than a fire or air but much more grounded and stable.

In my eyes fire and air are similar and water and earth are similar. Fire and Earth are opposites, water and air are opposites, but on a scale of one to ten where fire is 1 and earth is 10, air and water would be somewhat like 3 and 7, closer opposites than fire and earth, if that makes sense.

I do not think that any element or personality is greater or less than the others.

Perhaps that will help you to see what personality you have and go from there.

Of course, a fire can still use earth energies and water use air, but we all feel more comfortable with one or the other, for me it is fire, only you know what suits you best.
Lady Lynell

Post by Lady Lynell »

Oh, and I completely agree with you Shadow! When I was asking my question, it was more of an association question than trying to determine what element I will be monogamous with. As you explained it, I would be a fire person as well because I am a disturbingly angry person, jaded, unafraid of conflict, and downright fierce in my own right. However, I do not feel a connection with fire as an element that surpasses anything but common characteristics. And I blame those characteristics on my Irish and Celtic bloodlines, not my elemental choosing. :lol:

I've explained my attraction to the Air element, and thus have convinced myself that Air is the element I will have the most ease relating to, even though I have no doubt that you are right that we need to have a connection with all elements. It's just hard to call them all equal when I am so enthralled with my main element, and I believe since I'm a novice to all this that it'd be safe to start out small and where I'm comfortable before expanding my horizons.
Y0m

Post by Y0m »

WE are no elements... elements were givin to use as part of our blessings..

I and you are one, and we opporate outside of time and space, knowing this will bring you to the truth of this.

We dont need these elements, but we use them to hold these bodies together...
All I know is I love you.
That's about all I can do.

Return to “The Elements - Earth, Fire, Air, and Water”