True Blood

Paganism, witchcraft, and Wicca as portrayed on TV, movies, and popular culture. Buffy, the Vampire Slayer, Charmed, Practical Magic, etc. If you know of a good show or movie, you can recommend it here or discuss it with others.
JBRaven
Banned Member

Post by JBRaven »

I am trying to read te books after I watch the shows. I don't want to get so involed in the books that the show means nothing to me.
Secret

Post by Secret »

I LOOOOVE this show. I love the way the vampires and other creatures are represented not so much in a sci fi way but as animals like humans. I love the way they use the vampires to represent prejudice. I think it's genius. I was watching the directors commentary and he was saying how the way they model the vampire teeth is based on the teeth of a snake so it looks more natural the way they appear. I thought the second season got a bit too extreme but I'm still looking forward to the third.
Secret

Post by Secret »

JBRaven wrote:I am trying to read te books after I watch the shows. I don't want to get so involed in the books that the show means nothing to me.
Yeah I'm kind of scared to read the books for that reason lol. I've heard it's quite different too and I like the visual effects on the show so I don't wanna ruin it. I think if I read the book I'll try not to compare, see it as a different thing.
SMushroom

Post by SMushroom »

YES! did yall see the new ep lastnight! it was sweet!
Erhalten Sie Einen Geschmack Der Religion Leckt Eine Hexe.

Return to “Witchcraft and Wicca in the Media”