Question About Forming a Personal Pantheon

For discussion and questions about Gods and Goddesses.
silvio_aeson

Question About Forming a Personal Pantheon

Post by silvio_aeson »

Haven't posted in a while, but I've still been checking up on things. =D

One of my current craft missions is solidifying my basic pantheon of deities I work with. I've been doing research as well as personal meditation on the subject and I've come to find an attraction to the Greek pantheon, which I've always had, but I'm having trouble coming up with what I think to be a good balance?

The Goddess was chosen subconsciously, through dreams and books I took note of her and eventually came to learn her name. She is Nyx, the primordial Greek goddess that personifies night. Information on her is sparse and all I know is that she was exceptionally powerful (Even Zues and the Titans feared her ancient ways) and beautiful. Just because she is the personification of night doesn't necessarily mean that she exudes "Dark" energies or is considered a "dark" goddess like Hecate for example? I personally don't feel that she does, but if anyone has information I would be very appreciative.

This is simple for me, I know that she is the one. I've actually seen her in meditation, and her energy appears as a rich, deep purple that I can physically see in my deepest meditations. There is no question in my mind that she is the goddess that I am meant to work with most closely. The problems I'm having, however, lie in the development of the rest of my pantheon.

I want a God that is balanced with her, and I've been feeling a connection to Poseidon, as water is my element of power. The concern I have is that he is on a different level than Nyx, being an Olympian rather than a primordial god or Titan. Should I seek to find a connection to a God more level with Nyx, or are these things not of great importance? Once I discovered Nyx and attempted to contact her, I knew it was right, and I feel that when I find the correct God, the results will be the same. I'm just wondering if I should reach out to Poseidon or seek more balance.

As for the rest of the Panetheon, I would prefer to work with the Olympians, such as Athena, Diana, Aphrodite, etc, but I don't want anything thrown out of balance, being age, power structure, or light vs. dark energy.

Suggestions? Helpful readings? Personal insights? All help is welcomed and deeply appreciated.

BB
-Siv
JBRaven
Banned Member

Post by JBRaven »

In my mind all these Goddesses and Gods are all the same . So they are on equal standings, no matter what the name. I explain it to christians kinda like this.

"The Holy Spirt, Jesus, and God all the same whole but different aspects. I don't believe in hundreds of gods, I just give each aspect a different name."
NightRose
Banned Member

Post by NightRose »

Ah, a question I can answer.

First, I should say that my patroness/goddess/pick-your-label is Nyx. She has always been with me from the time that I was young, it simply took me until my teenage years to find her name. From that time on, we have been building a relationship that I feel is very similar to a mother/daughter one. She is powerful, frightening, yet at the same time dearly maternal and oh so caring. In the darkness you will always find protection, and at night you will always feel her loving arms around you.

I have never known her to have a problem with "lesser" status gods. If you feel a connection to Poseidon, reach out. Nyx does not have a superiority complex, she will not sneer down her nose at the god that has chosen you.

The gods seem to have a mostly sibling type relationship--they have playful issues with each other, but they aren't going to smite you for talking to someone they dislike. One or two might give you the runaround for "consorting with the enemy" or some such rubbish, but don't take them too seriously. They've got better things to do than mess up your life. You should be fine working with whomever you are comfortable with whenever you want.
silvio_aeson

Post by silvio_aeson »

ANOTHER NYX-ION!!!

This is terribly exciting for me. No one I know works with her, nor do they even know who she is!

Thank you thank you thank you for your input! I'd love to chat sometime about her, and all you've learned or know about her as information is sparse (at least in my findings).

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

(Now i know why I felt urged to post this! The universe is wonderful!)

BB
-Siv

Return to “Gods/Goddesses”