2012? haha

Discussion of Reincarnation, Afterlife, Life-Between-Lives (LBL)...
Xal

Post by Xal »

Your right in that the mayans never said the world would end in a physical, but the Earth will pass through the center of the galaxy and put us under the giant dust cloud that has been obscuring our vision. Perhaps it is also blocking energy.
"We are a way for the cosmos to know itself" - Carl Sagan
[ShadowPhoenix]

Post by [ShadowPhoenix] »

I feel something will happen, I can't place my finger on it just yet and probably won't, but I feel it will be a time of changes...for better or worse is yet to be determined. ::coolglasses:: If nothing changes in the world, you have my permission to mock me. :P
FreeLove

Post by FreeLove »

ShadowPhoenix wrote:I feel something will happen, I can't place my finger on it just yet and probably won't, but I feel it will be a time of changes...
I get that feeling too but I'm thinking it's for the better =) The world's not going to end. I find it to be annoying though that people acknowledge Nostradamus's' outrageous claims predicting the world's demise yet scold paganism when we want to live at peace. ha, people and their drama.
Wolfmoon caster
Banned Member

Post by Wolfmoon caster »

Isn't god in the center of our galaxy watching us??? When the earth passes through the center of the galaxy are we gonna meet god???

Just something some guy from Nigeria who was Muslim, was preaching across from mcdonalds a few months ago. Lol
shadowx
Banned Member

Post by shadowx »

Isn't god in the center of our galaxy watching us??? When the earth passes through the center of the galaxy are we gonna meet god???
Nope, a supermassive black hole is.

shadowphoenix, i will indeed mock you, thanks for the permission :D
Ravencry

Post by Ravencry »

I don't believe Mayan theories just yet, because what if their calendar stopped because they were killed?

And Nostradamus stole all his 'prophecies' from the Mayan book of prophecies. I don't and never will believe him.

But, I do believe that the sun may blow up. That stupid 2012 movie showed exactly what the f*ck the suns starting to do. And since the sun is a star, it has to die sometime, like all the other stars in the galaxy.

I just want technology to cease. Thats the only hope that I have for 2012. For all the preps out here in so cal to look at their Iphones and realise they don't work, and all of daddys money won't come in use if its in the bank!
Wolfmoon caster
Banned Member

Post by Wolfmoon caster »

You will be getting your wish ravencry, were entering a time of increased sunspots which can affect satellites and technology on earth.
smallpoxx

Post by smallpoxx »

I have yet to decide my opinion on this topic,but my freind say's there will be a polar shift. Oh and he also believes that the Anti-christ will rise and engulf the world in flames!:P First one seem's kinda ,second one i'm not to sure about.He's a smart kid,but he's a fundamental christian, which really annoy's me.
Release.the.bats
Banned Member

Post by Release.the.bats »

From what I understand the reason their calendar ends in 2012 is because of the way their seasons were structured.
Not because the world ended or they died out.

A lot will go down in 2012, but a lot always goes down and people rarely notice. I've read about the polar shifts, which if I am remembering correctly (it has been a while) it will cause a slight change in our seasons and possibly in our rotation. I have read about the possible ice age, because we are overdue for one. Then there is the idea of enlightenment happening in 2012, i'm not sure about that.
People are enlightened all the time, why is it suddenly different in 2012?
I have also read about the sun spots recently, they think (as previously stated) that it might impact technology on Earth. We haven't had this much activity in quite some time.
As for the sun blowing up, the sun WILL blow up someday and become a white dwarf star. However, our sun is relatively young compared to most of the other stars lurking about.
We have a while till that happens.
When it does the sun will expand, causing a lot of problems here on earth (increased temperatures causing more death, dying of animals and plant life etc.)
Then it is supposed to explode (basically) and become a temporary black hole, absorbing our solar system.
then becoming a white dwarf star.

I just felt like a couple things needed to be explained.
:D
Fie

Post by Fie »

I just worry about how many believers of 2012 will end up committing suicide in order to 'avoid it'. I personally don't believe anything significant is going to happen to our environment, the people how ever, might cause the panic... it's a bit concerning to me.
[i][color=spirit]It may be that no life is found,
Which only to one engine bound
Falls off, but cycles always round.
ALFRED TENNYSON, The Two Voices[/i][/color]

Can you hear the coyotes yipping?
They are having a good time.
Teasing the shadows.

[url=http://dragcave.net/user/Fie-kun][img]http://incubators.dragcave.net/incubator_Fie-kun.png[/img][/url]
shadowx
Banned Member

Post by shadowx »

Then it is supposed to explode (basically) and become a temporary black hole, absorbing our solar system.
Not so, the sun does not have enough mass to turn into a singularity (black hole) it requires many many times more mass to do so.

The rest is accurate though, the sun expands, heats up, turns the earth to a ball of lava then shrinks down and shines dimly like a very bright moon while the earth freezes and the planets spin off into oblivion.

The sunspots arent really a problem, the solar activity might be but it is very unlikely, so much so that i would say nothing will happen unless there is a CME, which would be bad... but not end of the world.

As for a polar shift i think what you are referring to is a switching of the magnetic poles. So south becomes north, and north becomes south, at least on a compass.

This in itself is not dangerous. Birds and other migratory animals might have difficulty and navigation would take a while to sort out but otherwise its fine. The problem is that without a strong north and south point the earths magnetic field will be unstable, so much so that radiation from the sun would reach the ground, possibly causing problems for electrical circuits and maybe an increased risk of cancer and other defects.

However... a magnetic flip takes thousands of years to complete, even if one began in 2012 we would A.) not notice and B.) be long gone before it became a problem.

The magnetic fields are always changing so there is no real "start" and "end" to a magnetic flip only a slow, erratic change. Nothing to worry about.
i wanna be around to tell shadow lol XD
:lol:

As for people committing suicide because of it... *shrugs* i dont care! I think we are better off without them to be honest!
Silly_Dreamer

Google Suggestion

Post by Silly_Dreamer »

I haven't read all the posts here but check out Geoff Stray (think that's his name) he's written a fewl books on 2012

I think it's correct that the poles drift slowly over the years but I read somewhere that pole shifts (as in reversal of polarity) can occur really quickly

Any thoughts anyone :?:
shadowx
Banned Member

Post by shadowx »

It cant happen quickly. "Quickly" according to a geologist or scientist is centuries as opposed to millennia, even if the pole shift started in 2012 we would all be long dead before anyone noticed.
Silly_Dreamer

Drifting Poles

Post by Silly_Dreamer »

shadowx wrote:It cant happen quickly. "Quickly" according to a geologist or scientist is centuries as opposed to millennia, even if the pole shift started in 2012 we would all be long dead before anyone noticed.

Hmmmmmm, but don't some maps actually have printed on them the amount by which magnetic north deviates from true north each year
Aequor

Post by Aequor »

When our calendar ends on December 31 we move over to January 1 right? The same with the Mayan calendar, when it ends, it moves back to the start. December 21 on 2012 is simply the first day of the next Mayan 'year', which are called B'ak'tuns and are passed through each 394 years. That means that hundreds of '2012s' have happened throughout history when the Mayan calendar came to an end.

Return to “Reincarnation & the Afterlife”