Depression, oh how I despise you...

Teenagers are a special bunch with concerns different than adults. Teens can chat with each other here and learn from one another.
SpectacularRain

Depression, oh how I despise you...

Post by SpectacularRain »

I know I have already posted a lot on the problems I was trying to help with and I feel bad posting more bad things in my life. I feel like I am using this forum too much for a lot of things. Either way I feel awful and I really want to talk. I am just about 16 (I am very sorry for the rule break but I felt I was close enough to the requirement to stick around). I am a sophomore in high school at a school none of you have probobly heard of. My problem is pretty common I guess. Depression, few friends, and having no social life because I am not wanted for the most part by others my age. I can't help but cry when I realize how true these things are. I only talk to one person on a regular basis anymore. I am never invited to anything by anyone minus that one friend, but even that is rare. I don't do drugs or cut myself or anything, but I want to die. I could never kill myself though. I would give up my life doing something that would save someone who would otherwise be lost. I guess I just want a feeling of belonging. I just can't stand this depression right now. It is intoxicating. Please, if you can't do anything else, please just talk to me right now, I have no one right now besides my one friend but she is out of town right now. Please.
pink-pixi

Post by pink-pixi »

I'm more then happy to talk to you, I feel almost the same way. I'm 18 and a senior in high school. Feel free to vent on me
[BeautifulWitch]

Post by [BeautifulWitch] »

Awww!!!! I'm sorry, but that's the first thing that crossed my mind...Here's a secert i broke the rule but i was very close to 16 when i made the account. Anyway, don't feel bad, i think your going to be fine, don't get depressed over not having a social life, it's to much of a hard work to keep up with. And im dure you have friends, i have a few i trust and a few that worship me. (But id give them all up for one very speical someone my bff :)) You shouldn't get ssad over many things, i get the same way only i bite, and kick, and punch, and rant and scream, and im crazy don't listen to me
SpectacularRain

Thank you for the kind words, I appreciate them very much. The amount of support I have recieved here warms my heart. Thank you very much.
scorpioleah

Post by scorpioleah »

Hey Drsrh
Just wanted to say i can relate to you alot. I am 18, and suffered from soical anxiety for a number of years, im doing much better now but it was terrible through the age of 12-15. I didn't have many friends, and ended up with no social life with in turn made the anxiety worse.
Its funny now as i have way to many friends and wish they would leave me alone! lol just keep going, lean on the people that are there for you (my mother saved my life :D ) and it will get better!
JBRaven
Banned Member

Post by JBRaven »

It is shitty to be in high school. It hasn't been too long since I was right were you are. My last year in high school I only had 1 friend who was always telling me how much of a screw up I was. I did use drugs and all that noise because I was dying inside. There are many people here on this site that have been through some rough things and are willing to listen. Don;t feel bad about posting your problems that is why we have a Teen concerns forum. If you ever want to pm me feel free I am normally on 3-5times a day so I will get back to you quickly.Keep your chin up. I swear it normally gets better when you graduate.
[BeautifulWitch]

Post by [BeautifulWitch] »

Welcome, and be happy you are not me, i have a son and im crazy. But if you needa talk im always here :)
vasogoma

Post by vasogoma »

Hey there, if it helps I just want to say that I know how you feel. I suffer for depression and have been depressed since I am 8 years old (I am almost 18 years old) and I know how bad it feels to be alone and not have someone who can support you. I just want you to know that things will get better, they always do. It's better to have 1 good friend than many bad friends, and that comes from someone who doesn't any real friends but is always partying and invited to social activities, so believe me when I am saying that being invited to parties and such won't change the way you feel. I hope you feel better soon and you find the path to happiness. May the Goddess bless you! And if some day you are feeling alone or in a depression crisis my mail is v_lacave@hotmail.com (this goes to everyone, really :)) I'll be glad to help.
CrabbyCrab

Post by CrabbyCrab »

I'm like honestly SHOCKED about how nice you all are. It's just so nice to see people so willing to be a friend. Not all people are so willing to reach out to others. Just had to say something about it.

Well, the next time I'm feeling completely depressed or horribly lonely I'll remember this site. :)
MeallaAoi

Post by MeallaAoi »

I understand your pain, at least a little, even if I've never been there myself. Everyone here is here to help you, I think. I am sending mental hugs your way, and a wish for you to find people that will love you in every way. Feel free to pm me. Like attracts like. You will meet people someday. I can promise you that.
You are loved always.
lasto i lamath, erin gwaew, i lammath lin edair. avo osto! aphada ven thanc, ar u dhir tira. last' inn tegitha...

Mornië illumë na mahtanna calina...
SpectacularRain

You guys are all awesome! I know it's been a little while so I'll give an update. Things got really bad and I almost ended it all, but I'm doing okay now. Things are finally turning around and although there is indeed sorrow in my life, I need to learn to live with it rather then do nothing or try to escape with suicide. Thank you all so much for all the kind words though! I am very sorry that I haven't said this yet, but I've been trying to back off for a while and try to find inner peace. It's starting to work and I am starting to understand why I could never find it before. Once again, thank you all so much! I appreciate everything each and every one of you have said to me during this one of my darkest hours. Thank you!

Return to “Teen Concerns”