Reiki cleansing - outcome: Need to balance ?

Discussion of healing and energy work. (We have a new forum for Prayer Requests. It's down in the Member's Nook.)
midnightgoddess

Reiki cleansing - outcome: Need to balance ?

Post by midnightgoddess »

Hey guys, :wave:

I recently went for a Reiki cleansing. I must say it was quite an experience in itself. But the outcome was that my Left vs. Right are off balance... How exactly would I go about correcting this? Are there any excercises or particular meditations I can try?

Also, I'm an empath and was told I've closed myself up "too tight". I guess too much shielding. Is there something I can do to "open up" but still stay protected from empathetic overload?

Thanks in advance for all your replies! ::hug::
Y0m

Post by Y0m »

Meditation should help with all of this.

A technique for balancing:
sit comfortably, make a circle with each hand using thumb and middle finger. place right hand on right leg facing down and left hand on left leg facing up.

imagine pure energy and light flowing through you. after a while you may feel your fingers separate. just try to keep them relaxed.. this is the off balanced part of you. when you are balanced your fingers will feel strongly connected on both hands.

Now, the shielding thing is a little harder to get a hold of. I keep myself pretty unshielded until I start to feel a wave of emotions from those around me or when I'm about to go into a busy place I'll put the shields up. Really you must simply sit and work on your energy flow, especially outside of your body for this one. Gradually you should be able to get a feel of how it works.

Much love and luck,
Y0m
All I know is I love you.
That's about all I can do.
Y0m

Post by Y0m »

Also some people like to imagine a brick wall in their minds to shield... not sure what the reverse of that would be lol... an open sky maybe?
All I know is I love you.
That's about all I can do.
reikihealer83

Post by reikihealer83 »

Y0m,

Great advice! I would add to those thoughts that being an empath and having a Reiki treatment can be difficult because the treatment opens up your Chakras and makes you more sensitive to the energy around you.

Meditation is perfect for this kind of thing but also using a grounding chord that is visualized from the top of your head (the crown chakra) down through your body and into the earth and having all the excess energy go through you and down to the earth might help.

I hope this helps with your energy and wall issues.

:)
midnightgoddess

Post by midnightgoddess »

Thanks for the advice everyone. I have definately become more sensitive since the cleansing but have been trying to find the balance. I want to avoid completely blocking from now on. I continue to some chakra meditations.

Return to “Healing and Energy Work”