Sabrina the Teenage Witch

Paganism, witchcraft, and Wicca as portrayed on TV, movies, and popular culture. Buffy, the Vampire Slayer, Charmed, Practical Magic, etc. If you know of a good show or movie, you can recommend it here or discuss it with others.
McLeanAmy

Sabrina the Teenage Witch

Post by McLeanAmy »

I feel that a lot of TV shows and films portray witchcraft in a realm that we are not able to associate with. Harry Potter, for example, is very 'fantasy' based. We do not see people flying around on dragons or physically fighting the dark Lord. However, with Sabrina it is a different story...

Because Sabrina lives in the Mortal Realm, we get to see how witchcraft is intertwined with her everyday life and how she copes with being 'different', hiding her secret too. It gives us an insight into the supernatural and better still is great fun to watch!

It is definitely worth watching - the DVDs are also available at a low price.
x
LorriePaige

Post by LorriePaige »

I love that show!!, although they use way too much spell work in their daily lives...But that's how Hollywood makes it entertaining.

I look forward to watching all episodes in chronological order one day. It's still shown on cable during the week.
reikihealer83

Post by reikihealer83 »

This was such a cute show. Definately for entertainment purposes but still good. I have to admit pointing a finger and having magick happen would be cool but this was a good show that dealt with real issues like relationships and such. I have to agree too many spells that obviously would never work but hey, that is why they called it a fantasy lol.
Buttercup

Post by Buttercup »

I absolutely love Sabrina! I've watched nearly all episodes,I've only the last half of the last season left,mainly because there were a lot of changes that were bad for the show in my opinion.
Merry meet and merry part and merry meet again.
Lily Cantodea

Post by Lily Cantodea »

I used to love Sabrina. They've got the reruns now on...ABC Family, I think. I think it's cute.

I remember I had a Tomagotchi Salem when I was little.

Return to “Witchcraft and Wicca in the Media”