Reading for Yourself

For discussion and questions about the tarot.
reikihealer83

Reading for Yourself

Post by reikihealer83 »

Hi Everyone,

I have been reading Tarot cards for about 7 years and one thing that I always find tough is reading for myself. I can read for myself but there are times when my readings get fuzzy and cloudy. Is this normal? How many of you find this same issue? How do you work around it? Practice? :)
Witch13
Banned Member

Post by Witch13 »

oooh i totally know what you mean!! its like when i got a love problem i cant solve it no matter what but when its about someone else i got the answer hanging from my lips!!!
JBRaven
Banned Member

Post by JBRaven »

When I read for myself I always get things I already know. Like if I ask if some one is sending me negitive energy, it tells me That I have had people who have talked about me in the past and so on and so forth. Or if I ask about a dilimma it tells me about how I dealt with problems in the past.
Moon_Goddess

Post by Moon_Goddess »

I've been reading Tarot for about 10 or 11 years and, in my opinion, I don't think people should read for themselves...I've only done it twice for myself, and yes, it was fuzzy...and yes, somethings were what I already knew...plus, I think it's bad because you CAN be too close to your situation...maybe that's why it comes out fuzzy? :?:
reikihealer83

Post by reikihealer83 »

Moon_Goddess,

I think you hit the nail on the head with that. I think you are right about being so close to the situation. I tend to not read for myself anymore because I basically go blind and cannot see anything about myself. I guess it makes sense though.
Moon_Goddess

Post by Moon_Goddess »

Makes total sense. Kind of like when people have problems within thier home or relationships, but can't see it because they're too close....but their friends and coworkers can always see it. That's why people ask for advice, because they're too close to think of what to do on thier own, even though the answer is right in front of them. :D
ScarlettRose

Post by ScarlettRose »

Yeah true that, that does make since.
I have a really hard time reading for myself as well!
Other people though, I can read fine for (:
Weird!
Breathing in I feel gratitude; Breathing out I give thanks.
Breathing in I feel joyful; Breathing out I celebrate.
Breathing in I know compassion; Breathing I am compassion.
Breathing in I feel loved; Breathing out I offer love.
Breathing in I am still; Breathing out I am at peace.
Om.
roseonfire

Re: Reading for Yourself

Post by roseonfire »

I've always had very accurate readings for myself. What I do is look at it completely unbiased. And since I don't have to explain the reading I lay out the cards in rapid succession so I don't have the time to dwell on the cards and HAVE to take their meaning on intuition before my rational mind has any chance to object and offer another explanation.
The Goddess is like the moon itself, guiding us in our darkest moments.
lovebrighteyes

Post by lovebrighteyes »

I've usually had accurate readings for myself but I have had times where I'd deny things I saw but it usually keeps coming up anyway.
skyslide

Post by skyslide »

I'm very successful at reading for myself. I struggle with reading for others, but that's because I'm new at it. I'm getting better quickly.
roseonfire

Post by roseonfire »

Skyslide,
That is something many face because when you consciously know more about a situation you can connect with the cards more easily. Even to an experienced reader, when a card comes up they'll know the full significance but may have trouble putting it in words, something you don't have to worry about when reading for yourself. To help aid being able to read for others, try some exercises that focus more strongly on subconscious than consciousness to enhance how well you can interpret the subconscious without direction from the consciousness.
The Goddess is like the moon itself, guiding us in our darkest moments.

Return to “Tarot Talk”