Not thinking about cursing anymore...

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
Greek_Male_Witch

Not thinking about cursing anymore...

Post by Greek_Male_Witch »

Hi,guys I know you will probably laugh but I saw a movie its called "Drag me to Hell" where a gypsy woman curses the main actress of the film and she has the worst nightmares and stuff,and seriously even though its just a film,I decided that thinking of cursing someone is really really bad,I mean I wouldn't want to make people suffer like that!your thoughts?
What Goes Around,Comes Around!
Ginger Faith!
Banned Member

Post by Ginger Faith! »

Im glad you see the light.

Blessed Be,
Witch13
Banned Member

Post by Witch13 »

AAw i know that movie, its pretty new to the video stores...ewww lame visual effects
Greek_Male_Witch

well...

Post by Greek_Male_Witch »

Well guys I prefer to be a White Witch and not just an evil witch,and definetely cursing isn't something a white witch does,is it?
What Goes Around,Comes Around!
Ginger Faith!
Banned Member

Post by Ginger Faith! »

Hun, does it sound like it?

Blessed Be,
Twisted_Pixie

Post by Twisted_Pixie »

*face/palm* I really do dispise the term "white" and "Black" witch....

But if you mean you only want to do magic that is considered "good" then i suppose cursing may be out of the question... but keep in mind, in nature, we see balance... light/dark, peace/chaos etc etc... to every "good" thing there is a complete opposite and how can we fully understand being "good" if we dont also embrace the other side?

I'm not saying "CURSE CURSE CURSE!!" but i'm saying understand the other side, and don't just write it off as a big no no...

I'll probably get a hell of alot of people misunderstanding me here, but i dont really mind, its a hard concept to explain so if people misunderstand me, i'll just try harder.

Pix
Earth Ritual

Post by Earth Ritual »

I like it Greek Witch. You are evolving.
You are either for Life or against It. There is no in between.

I used to believe in god above. Now I'm filled with so much love.-Erykah Badu after the invocation of the Goddess

May the love that holds eternity at its fingertips kiss each and everyone one you on the lips. May your words bring worlds that bring hope to a world dying to be reborn.
One Walker

Post by One Walker »

I too like your thinking, Green Witch. I'm especially glad to hear your reasoning being that you "wouldn't want to make people suffer like that!" instead of "It may come back at me!" This holds the earmark of a giving, loving, helpful thought process (again, an Honorable thing to do) instead of a selfish one. Keep your thoughts along those lines!

Blessings to you!

One Walker. :D
We have seen what Power does.
We have seen what Power costs.

One is never equal to the other.
shadowx
Banned Member

Post by shadowx »

Twisted_Pixie wrote:*face/palm* I really do dispise the term "white" and "Black" witch....

But if you mean you only want to do magic that is considered "good" then i suppose cursing may be out of the question... but keep in mind, in nature, we see balance... light/dark, peace/chaos etc etc... to every "good" thing there is a complete opposite and how can we fully understand being "good" if we dont also embrace the other side?

I'm not saying "CURSE CURSE CURSE!!" but i'm saying understand the other side, and don't just write it off as a big no no...

I'll probably get a hell of alot of people misunderstanding me here, but i dont really mind, its a hard concept to explain so if people misunderstand me, i'll just try harder.

Pix
EXACTLY!

This is why i no longer follow wicca as a path, you cannot just ignore the darkness in the world and use rose tinted glasses to block it all out. What if there is a more powerful person attacking you and you simply cant defend it, then would a curse such as one to cause a lack of sleep through nightmares, help? IMHO yes, they would suffer tiredness and hence their ability to attack is diminished.

The level of harm must be balanced with the actions of the person. It is not my job to act dish out judgement on others, but if attacked i need to know how to defend myself. I would rather not venture down the darker side of magick but if i have to then i will.
Radiance

Post by Radiance »

Twisted_Pixie wrote:*face/palm* I really do dispise the term "white" and "Black" witch....

Pix
Yes!!! And also one person's "good" is another person's bad. A cat catches a mouse and eats it to survive. For the cat this is "good" but for the mouse...not so much. :lol:

Brightest blessings
Radiance
Twisted_Pixie

Post by Twisted_Pixie »

VERY true!!! "Bad" or "Wrong" comes down to someones opinion, there is literally no rule book on these things, and even if there was, it would again, just be someones opinion lol
Greymalkin
Banned Member

Post by Greymalkin »

shadowx wrote:
This is why i no longer follow wicca as a path, you cannot just ignore the darkness in the world and use rose tinted glasses to block it all out. What if there is a more powerful person attacking you and you simply cant defend it, then would a curse such as one to cause a lack of sleep through nightmares, help? IMHO yes, they would suffer tiredness and hence their ability to attack is diminished.

BRAVO!!!

What a wonderfully insightful person you are shadowx!!!

These fluffy bunnies really don't know what they are missing with all their love n light.
Twisted_Pixie

Post by Twisted_Pixie »

lol agreed....though i think that term is ridiculous.... still... agreed
Syndica

Post by Syndica »

hi,

i don't believe there's black magic or white magic, just nature magic, if there's an evil force that comes from the heart of the witch good or evil. but that's just my view.

blessed be :D
Xal

Post by Xal »

The way of "love and light" is not merely fluffy bunnies, rather it is usually not explained in the whole picture sense and thus seems to be lacking, ala "I heart huckabees."
"We are a way for the cosmos to know itself" - Carl Sagan

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”