Yule?

Chat about pagan and Wiccan holidays.
True Blood

Yule?

Post by True Blood »

This is going to be my first yule <3 But I have no idea what im going to do :shock: err I dont have a yule log (where would you get one or make one maybe I could do that?) What else would you guys recommend doing/what do you do?
And how about the ritual for yule too? Im not sure what to do there either...What do you recommend and what do you do?

: P Thanks

:shock:
SMushroom

Post by SMushroom »

This to is my first yule. :D

i was reading some stuff on yule and maby this will help

"Light a Yule log. A roaring fire is a great way to celebrate Christmas, but the Yule log is really a Wiccan tradition. The Yule log is a traditional representation of the rebirth of the God by the Goddess. If you burn a Yule log, choose one from a tree traditional to the season, like fir or pine, and mark or carve it with a sun or other appropriate symbols."

me and my boyfriend are going out to get a log tomarrow. i dont know any yule rituals. and from what ive been reading its not so much driffent from x-miss.

hope this helps a lil bit.
Erhalten Sie Einen Geschmack Der Religion Leckt Eine Hexe.
True Blood

Post by True Blood »

merry yule for you too!

Ahh yeah I need a yule log then :v I have an xmas tree could I just chop off some wood from that?

:shock:
Witch13
Banned Member

Post by Witch13 »

first yule for me as well, i was thinking something more of many candles, since fire is a no no for my room :P
bytheway who is that girl in the foto? anime, she looks like enma ai
Greymalkin
Banned Member

Post by Greymalkin »

Having a Yule log is fine - but what if you don't have an open fire?

Get yourself a small log, no bigger than about 2 feet long. Remove a small side of it so it can be placed on a flat surface without rolling.

Drive four nails into the top if it so there is about an inch of each nail showing.

Put red and green candles into the nails so they stand up.

Decorate the base of the log with Holly, Mistletoe and Ivy.

How Yule-y is that?
Stephanie Mae

Post by Stephanie Mae »

The Yule Log should be harvested from your own land or given as a gift. If you do not own land, then you may get a friend or family member to give you a log as a gift. We've always had an Oak log. As Grey said it is decorated with Ground Ivy, Holly and Mistletoe. In addition, we dust the log with flour and douse it with spiced cider. If you do not have a fire place to burn the log, then grey's idea of candles would do the job. Make sure you keep the log for next year, to burn with next years log. We always burn our log in the fireplace and keep the ashes to burn with next years log.

If using candles; one red, one green and one white for the season. One green, one gold, one black for Dagda. One black, one red and one white for Brighid.

We also burn rosemary incense all night, drink spiced cider and keep our candles to Dagda burning all night. We eat lamb, oranges and hazelnuts. We also do a ritual of magic to Dagda. We do exchange gifts for Yule, but each family member receives one gift from the entire family to use during ritual and future rituals. For ex: Last year I received a gold pine needle necklace with emeralds to wear during our rituals. We also stay up all night.
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Stephanie Mae wrote:...Oak log...rosemary incense.... spiced cider...lamb, oranges and hazelnuts...
Mmmm, the smells and tastes!!....
Radiance

Post by Radiance »

This Yule our circle mixed bird seed with an herb, spice or plant that represented whatever we personally wished to grow in our lives while the sun was growing. then we walked all of the way around our yard scattering the mixture and chanting "One thing becomes another, in the mother, in the mother." We then proceeded to the Goddess statue in the middle of our yard and drew in the new sun's energy. When we were all full we read The Charge of the Sun God, then went inside to feast and exchange gifts.

Brightest Blessings
Radiance

Return to “Sabbats and Esbats”