How would I tell my ma and pop?

Teenagers are a special bunch with concerns different than adults. Teens can chat with each other here and learn from one another.
True Blood

How would I tell my ma and pop?

Post by True Blood »

Ive been with the wiccan religion for about 3 years now, Now and days ive really dived into it Ive been able to get candles,a journel, etc. And been doing rituals etc. Thing is my parents dont know and ive been wondering when to tell them.
I feel this is the true path I want to walk, Being wiccan just feels right many of my beliefs lay with wicca...

My dads a jehovah witness and...I can see the conflict with it already I could just see him probably having a mini flip out (we never really discussed religion before...I dont have a good releationship with my dad really.) The rest of my dads side is also jehovah witness, some of them would probably (thank god they live in california) have a breakdown probably :?
My ma is a catholic, She (as with my dad and etc) believes in just one god, (of course jesus the christ) and belives in nothing but the bible (same thing with my dad pretty much.) Im not really sure what she would do along with the rest of my moms side which is catholic :?

Ive been giving a lot of hints, I bought a spell notebook when I was with my pop (I dont think he saw the distinctive SPELL title on it or the pentacle. :v ) And also buying candles (my dad..Dosnt like candles at all for personal reasons :v) And also sage, First time I burned it I made it clear that I believed they ward off the bad spirits (But of course my ma and pop complained of it smelling like pot more then listening :roll: ) Ive tried sitting down with them asking about their beliefs in things such as the spiritual world.

Part of me wants to just keep my mouth shut and not say anything.
But because of me doing rituals such as the full moon rituals. I go out at midnight on the full moon to do the rite, Im always afraid of my dad waking up and coming outside and thinking im doing some weird occult stuff (or locking me outside, I give him the excuse Im stargazing, I know sounds lame but he falls for it :v) And although I put my spell journel in a safe spot Im always wondering the what if he finds it and he does something with it like throwing it away or giving me an earfull about stuff :?

I really dont know now :v Any advice is highly appreciated. Thanks.

:shock:
theSeeker

Post by theSeeker »

May I ask? - What exactly are you afraid of them knowing?
True Blood

Post by True Blood »

Pretty much that Im different from them, I dont think like they do with their beliefs, I dont believe in the bible, I dont think theres this Judgement day (sp?) , That I believe in reincarnation, I believe in summerlands, I believe in spirits, goddesses, gods, That their is more then one god, that magick itself is real and can be used purly for good if that is the intention, that we wear robes we write in journels for our spells, we write our own spells, we use candles, we use herbs, we use things like runes, Etc.
Its pretty much all of the basic stuff and so on. :v
Witch13
Banned Member

Post by Witch13 »

from what i read i think that your parents would be sad and perhaps angry if they knew, so i suggest you dont tell them. to hurt them and make them doubt you in ways is far worse than lying isnt it?
they wouldnt understand and trying to explain would bring trouble.
you are who you are, nobody needs to know but you. as long as you aknowledge youeself this is all it takes.

Return to “Teen Concerns”