Crystal Basics...

Discussion and questions about the magical properties and uses of crystals and stones.
Azure*Skye

Crystal Basics...

Post by Azure*Skye »

Working with Crystals and Gemstones has been done, some say all the way Back too Cavemen times. They can be used in almost all facets of the craft and have been used for healing for tousands of years. So there is a wealth of information out there to learn. New types of Crystal are being found even now, Such as Ocean Jasper (a personal Favorite) which was discovered in the early 1900's of the coast of Madagscar. It can only be mined at Low tide and only grows on this small remote tip of the Island. Cool huh.?
You can use gemstones and any other type of rock to represent whatever fits your needs.Selecting a Crystal is a personal choice, you may be drawn too one or several types, it's seems that these crystals are actually picking you sometimes and that when you learn the properies about them, it could be because that is what your needing in your life at that time. A while back I bought a Moonstone (during that time of the Month :) and when I got home and read about it's full uses, it said that it was great too allieviate PMS. I had'nt gone out too specifically buy a Moonstone, it seemed too have picked me. You can incorporate Crystals & Gemstones into spells & rituals, impowering the appropiate Crystal for your desired purpose... ie: Black Tourmaline for a protection spell etc...You can use crystals with sharp edges to inscribe symbols (use rose quartz to do it for a love spell) you can use different stones to represent the elements. You can even use them to help you consecrate tools if you want to. Soaking them in water and then using the "energized" water as an Elixer or Soak them in a Base Carrier Oil such Sweet Almond oil...Aura Cassia makes an excellent one. Put your desired Crystal in a Bowl or Glass Bottle (no Plastic) and soak it in the light of the appropiate Moon phase, this can also depend on what you want too use the Elixer or Potion for. ***NEVER INGEST ANY ELIXER WITHOUT CHECKING TOO SEE IF THE CRYSTAL OR GEM IS TOXIC*** You can put small ones in homemade candles; you can carry them with you in amulets. and even crush them into a fine powder in a Mortar & Pestal and add them to insence.

You should Cleanse and Consecrate your Crystal &/or Gemstones as soon as you get them home and always after using them. You can soak them in Salt water in the moon or sun light or smudge them in White Sage smoke, I like too do this because I feal Salt water can be harsh on certain Crystals. Also setting your crystals in a bowl with a nice piece of Carnelian will cleanse them also.

You should charge your Crystals before using them also...this can be simple too do...Hold the Stone in you receptive hand and concentrate on what you will be using it for.

Ok, guys...these are just a few Ideas and some basics.
I'm looking forward too seeing how you guys use your stones and any cool experiences you have had with them

BB :D
Tigerlily*

Post by Tigerlily* »

Yup I like to smudge my cystals when I get them,salt water can be a little harsh on certain ones.

This board is a really great idea Azure!!!!

Great work!!!!

Loves ya!!!!!

BB!!!!

Tigerlily
Azure*Skye

Post by Azure*Skye »

Thanks TigerLily...;)
We should do a thread on our working w/ the Skulls..I think it would be cool too share the experiences.
whadda ya think.?
Tigerlily*

Post by Tigerlily* »

Good idea Azure!!!!

A thread for the skulls sounds great!!!

BB!!!

Tigerlily
5moons

Post by 5moons »

:shock: MUST LEARN MORE! smiley15b

Post by Guest »

You can learn alot from Azure,she knows her crystals and gems!!!!!

BB!!!

Tigerlily
5moons

Post by 5moons »

i know thats why I said it
Azure*Skye

Post by Azure*Skye »

Hi FourSouls,
I will be posting 'How too use your Crystal Skull' this week
If you have any questions, feel free too ask.

TigerLily,
Thanks for the props hunny.
Talk too you tonight...need too get some studying in.
Luvs ya, bbbyyyeeeee
BB
5moons

Post by 5moons »

Azure Skye wrote:Hi FourSouls,
I will be posting 'How too use your Crystal Skull' this week
If you have any questions, feel free too ask.

TigerLily,
Thanks for the props hunny.
Talk too you tonight...need too get some studying in.
Luvs ya, bbbyyyeeeee
BB
Info that is all I ask for, but thank you.
*gives you a black rose*
:D
Azure*Skye

Post by Azure*Skye »

Thanks for the Rose Four Souls ;)

Did you read the site I posted under the Crystal Skull section.?
I promise i'll type out the Info your asking for tonight.
There is tons of info too go through so it will take me a bit...i'm hoping too get it done by this evening....I just posted a new Topic on Birthstones, Zodiac and Planetary Stones also...if your thinking of aquiring a Crystal Skull you may want too use your birthstone as your Skull...you will have a stronger connection too the Skull...this is what I've found in my working with the Skulls...I'll also try too post some picures of my 'Family' of Skulls' just for fun.
Do you have any Specific Questions about the skulls???...if so post them on the Crystal Skull page and i'll answer them as soon as possible.
This goes for the rest of the forum also.

BB
-Azure.
5moons

Post by 5moons »

Nope questions. An take your time you do not need to rush it. I just found my skull crystal today.
I picked up a Ruby, Sapharie, Crystal, and whatever the green one is. Skulls
being-singular-plural

Post by being-singular-plural »

I find that Hematite is also a great "smudger" for your stones. If you set the hematitie on top of the stone in question, it will clear it in less than an hour and the Hematite grounds it so much that it is unaffected by any negative energy from the other stone. That said, Hematite should be cleansed every once in a while as well.

Some say that Citrine and Smokey Quartz never have to be cleansed and I think it's crap. It needs cleansing and charging like other quartz's. When a Citrine goes sour it is not a pleasant taste. . .

Thanks for doing this Azure. It is awesome!!! :idea:

bsp
5moons

Post by 5moons »

I picked those up for my elementals. I used to be a fifth for 4 element followers. So I bought them each color skull so they had something to draw to.

Return to “Crystals and Gemstones”