My granddaughter .....

Discussion of Reincarnation, Afterlife, Life-Between-Lives (LBL)...
Emmialle

My granddaughter .....

Post by Emmialle »

When my granddaughter was about 3 1/2, out of the blue, she said to me "Your grandpa used to like to golf." I asked her did she mean her grandpa, who she calls Poppy. She said no.

When her mother (my daughter) came to pick her up, I told her. She asked my gd "How do you know that grandma's grandpa liked to golf?" "Because I'm her grandma." she said. My grandmother died in Dec. 1977. My gd was born in Dec. 2003.

Since then, she has done several things that lead me to believe she is truly my grandmother. Before she even saw my mother for the first time, she saw a picture from when my mother was young, and said "That's Sheila". She has told me things that my grandmother and I did together that no one else knew about, and things that I did as a baby that my mother has confirmed.

She is almost 6 and is starting to forget now, but she asked me to remember that she is my grandmother, and to remind her when she grows up.
NightRose
Banned Member

Post by NightRose »

How interesting!

I have read that spirits or souls are said to reincarnate within the same group of people, and that souls that were together in one life often meet in the next. How blessed you must be to have your grandmother return so soon. It will be interesting to watch as she grows and learns, and to see how things turn out later in life.
Kassandra

child remembers past life as being her mother's mother

Post by Kassandra »

You might find this video interesting.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/SZwyiy90X2I&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SZwyiy90X2I&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Marigold

Re: My granddaughter .....

Post by Marigold »

I always wondered about this kind of thing.

My father was close to his great grandfather. When I became pregnant with my son, he suggested that I name him after his great grandfather, which I did.

I began to do a bit of family history on the internet and found that my son's namesake died on my birthday (albeit a number of years before). Also, he was married to someone with a name very similar to mine. My father never mentioned this.

So, after almost 150 years, there is once again someone with his name and a name similar to my great great grandmother's in the family and with an auspicious date. The only thing that was not by chance, was the naming of my son.

Too much of a coincidence to be a coincidence in my book :wink:
icebunny

Re: My granddaughter .....

Post by icebunny »

This is something I have come across twice in my studies. The most notable example was my ex boyfriend's daughter, who told me all about my grandfather when she was 2 1/2. My grandfather died about six years before she was born.

This little girl also frequently referred to herself as a reincarnated being. She would talk about a subject and refer to an activity as something she did "before, when I was a big person like you." She spoke of historical dates and past events as if she had been there. She referred to herself in different historical times, clearly telling whomever she was talking to that we had to be clear that she was "a big girl lots of times, many many times."

I felt it appropriate to do lots of research on the subject as her entire family was creeped out by her conversations. As she got older, she referred to past lives less and less.

In my research I was told that there is a much higher prevalence of indigo children in this generation than there has been for a long time. Also, children are more likely to connect with the spiritual world as they have not been in this one long enough to be firmly grounded in it. As children age, this ability tends to go away for most of them.

Return to “Reincarnation & the Afterlife”