Goddess Bast!

For discussion and questions about Gods and Goddesses.
Greek_Male_Witch

Goddess Bast!

Post by Greek_Male_Witch »

Lately I feel an attraction to Goddess Bast,that I cannot explain,I mean its not I have read something and felt attracted to her,just popped to my head,that I should search for her,so does anyone have information on her?plus do you believe she is addressed only to women?because I'm male and I do admire her.
What Goes Around,Comes Around!
rainysoul

Post by rainysoul »

You're on the net, start with a simple source and go from there! :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bastet_%28mythology%29

I don't tend to believe that any one God or Goddess only works with male of female exclusively (some people might say differently). If you feel drawn to Bast, go with it. There's any number of reasons you could be...

Rainy
RuneGeek

Post by RuneGeek »

I have a shrine dedicated to Thoth and Bast (although I don't follow an Egyptian path). As rainysoul said, read up on her, as much as you can find, and see where it takes you. Some seem to think that Bast and Sekhmet are one and the same; I am not quick to make such associations myself, but it certainly wouldn't hurt to read up on Sekhmet as well.
Purple_wind
Banned Member

Post by Purple_wind »

I am believed to be the daughter of Bast by many. I think you might be drawn to Bast because she is a mother figure. She is very protective of her children. You're prolly a decendant of Bast. You can be a decendant of more than one god or goddess. I have found almost everyone I know has more than one. Usually you would have a main one or two though. Mine is definantly Bast. I've talked to her many times. She protects me in my times of need.

Info:
She's a cat goddess. She loves her children very much and is believed to also be the goddess of motherhood or fertility. Bast is a egyptian goddess. She is the daughter of Ra. She is well known for protecting Ra from his enemies as he pulled the sun accross the sky with a boat, that's why she's known for having the all seeing eye. There are many other stories of her. I know which ones are true so if you want to know just ask me and I'll ask her ^_^.

Return to “Gods/Goddesses”