Meat eater or vegetarian?

Talk about anything you want to here.
Joelle

Meat eater or vegetarian?

Post by Joelle »

http://reluctant-messenger.com/essene/gospel_intro.htm

I've been reading the dead sea scrolls. (said to be the bible, unedited) The differences between the bible and this are fascinating. The bible was edited in the 4th century by the people in power at the time. I attached the link in case anyone was curios.

There are writings that refer to not eating meat. Does anyone find that eating meat blocks their gifts?
Love & Light
Jo
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

OK, who just reads the Dead Sea Scrolls leisurely for fun? "And what are you doing today, Joelle?" "Oh, nothing much. Just undertaking a theosophical analysis of pre- and post- Nicea Council interpretations of the Dead Sea Scrolls of Qumran, while I do my nails. And you?" I mean who does that ...woman after my own heart. I love research :lol:

Yes, I always thought Rabbi Yeshua's practices, as well as those of the Essenes in general, really did resemble more of a yogi's than a Christian's (as Christianity is practiced today). It's said that in the Tibet region he was revered as "Saint Issa."

Me personally, food in general weighs me down. It pushes up against my diaphragm when I'm doing any breathing exercises I may be incorporating into my meditation, or singing, which is uncomfortable. And before readings when the blood rushes to my stomach for digestion, it makes it hard to concentrate. As far as meat itself, I find chicken and fish to be easily digestible. I think pigs are good as pets, but not to eat. Beef I have a hard time digesting, period. I'll eat it when I'm on a strenuous hike, or about to be (then it's tons of jerky strips!) to load up on protein so I don't pass out. Otherwise, it "blocks" more than just my gifts (sorry).
[Guardian Wolf]

Post by [Guardian Wolf] »

For me every type of food is good. I don't get bad reactions to any of it, and I like trying new foods. Sushi, Chicken, crawdads. lopster, shrimp, pork....you name it and I will eat it if it tastes good.
NightRose
Banned Member

Post by NightRose »

I fondly refer to myself as a meatetarian. I don't like vegetables, I'd never survive without meat. It has never affected my gift in any way, though I've never tried going without meat to compare how I function. Perhaps I should try that.
Joelle

Post by Joelle »

Elisa, you pinned down my day exactly. Right down to doing my nails!! The only problem today is my toe nail color does not match my finger nail color!! I'm hungry for knowledge and love to read about everything :D
Love & Light
Jo
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Funny.
AfootFuzzball

Post by AfootFuzzball »

Guardian Wolf wrote:For me every type of food is good. I don't get bad reactions to any of it, and I like trying new foods. Sushi, Chicken, crawdads. lopster, shrimp, pork....you name it and I will eat it if it tastes good.
that describes me as well.
Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.---------- Ralph Waldo Emerson

=====Carpe Diem=====
Kassandra

Mafia-style pig in the fridge

Post by Kassandra »

Elisa wrote:I think pigs are good as pets, but not to eat.
OK...given that I don't like eating pig, and that I'm always teasing my family that they eat so much pork (I mean pork chops, bacon, sausage, etc... sometimes I leave the house I hate the smell so much!) that one morning every one of them is going to wake up with a snout and a curly tail growing out their asses,

....it thus made it all the more satisfying to them when I opened the refrigerator this morning to find this, and nearly had a heart attack.

Sickos.

[P.S.: The pig head was left over from a banquet where the guests had had a pig roasted. The restaurant owner is a long time friend of our family]

Melindrose

Post by Melindrose »

ah ha it makes sense

Return to “Member's Rants and Ramblings”