You Might Find this Interesting

Discussion of Reincarnation, Afterlife, Life-Between-Lives (LBL)...
[Guardian Wolf]

You Might Find this Interesting

Post by [Guardian Wolf] »

As most of you know from reading my previous posts, I am not the run of the mill warlock. I do not believe in soul mates, but I do however believe that the spirits like to play match maker, and will try to make things work between people if they see fit. They do this by giving people “lucky coincidences” that make them seem like they should always be together.

There is a girl that I have been friends with for two years. She’s 15 and I am almost 21, but her and I cannot be separate. Since day one, the two of us could been seen side by side and fate has brought us together after we should have been pulled apart by life. I am talking about a separating that involves hundreds of miles.

Three years ago, I was sent back home to the Birdfoot Delta to live with my grand parents. I had gotten into a lot of trouble here in North Carolina, and since I was born into “New Money” I had a sense of entitlement (that probably caused the issue). I also didn't do anything wrong, I just pissed off the wrong people. In order for my father to break this, he decided that the best thing he could do was send me back home to my grandfather’s farm so my grandfather could teach me the meaning of work.

For the first year, I worked on my grandfather’s cotton farm. He had an interest in Voodoo, but did not practice. One of the men that sometimes worked with my grandfather was a 60 year old Voodoo priest who took me under his wing, when he found out that I was interested. I worked my ass off nine hours a day, and then at night the priest and several priestesses would teach me about Voodoo and I would partake in rituals and other things.

Exactly one year after I arrived in the delta, I met a girl. She had just turned thirteen and I was 19 years old. Her parents were never around and her mother was big into voodoo before the bills came creeping up on her. She couldn’t afford a babysitter, so one of the priestesses took the girl on as her assistant and started teaching her things that she needed to know. On day one this little girl and I became fast friends. After two weeks, it became impossible to separate us with the sharpest knife.

We made a really odd pair. She is about five feet tall on a very slender petite frame. I am broad across the shoulders and nearly 6 feet tall, so people started joking about how we looked when we were together. We would laugh this off.

Several months later, her home life turned ugly, so to cope with it she started spending more time with me. At that time, I had moved into a one bedroom guest house (that I built myself) and she would come spend the night sometimes (but not like that. She would sleep next to me and I would throw my arm around her that was it). Since her parents were divorcing (they had been talking about divorcing for 5 years), my place became her home away from home.

About this time the boundaries on our friendship were beginning to blur. Two nights in a row we were at a voodoo ritual that we were not partaking in and in both cases, she spent a lot of times in my arms. Sometimes when she was spending the night at my place, she would give me these little clues that she wanted me to give her a real kiss. I would hold back by running my hand through her hair and giving her a kiss on the forehead.

We were having tons of fun. I helped her develop the hair style that she still wears today. Her hair is dyed with tons of crazy colors. She has purple, gold, silver, red, green and a couple other colors in her hair. I love that, and it was my idea.

When she turned 14, I got the okay from her mother to take her to get her ears pierced, and get her first set of real ear rings. I would a buy her clothes to go to rituals in (my father sent me off, but didn’t cut me off. I was still getting a decent allowance from my father and a paycheck from my grandfather). I would also treat her to restaurants.

When she turned 15, I gave her her first glass of wine.

When summer came around and I wasn’t working on the farm, her and I would spend almost every minute together if we were able. That summer we spent every day with each other for 2 months.

This lasted for the final two years, with her and I hanging out and needing to hold back because she’s not of age yet.

After three years in the Birdfoot, my punishment was over. I used my GED to get into a Community College in Raleigh, North Carolina. I went to move back in with my dad and left the birdfoot behind, however my little friend had a cell phone and Facebook, so we stayed in touch.

It was hard on me. I will admit this. At one point I talked myself out of running back down to the delta.

Soon after coming home, I also moved into my own apartment.

Three months after I came home, she called me with some exciting news. Her mother was being transferred, to Raleigh North Carolina and we would live in the same city. What I didn’t know until they moved to Raleighr is that she would be living a mile down the street from me.

So as of today, everything is back to the way it was when I was living in the Birdfoot. We are always together and we still practice voodoo together. I play the drums and she dances, which we both enjoy.

When her and I talk about it, we talk about how lucky we are and how these things added up.

First, I ended up in the Birdfoot after being accused of something I didn't do. Had it not been for that "bad luck", I never would have even been there in the first place.

Second, her parents took 5 years to finally file the paperwork to divorce. They could have done it sooner, but they didn't. It wasn't until a few weeks after we became friends that it happened, and it was that even that caused her to hang out with me most of the time.

Third, we so happen to fall under the same group of priests. There was a one in three shot of this happening.

Fourth, and the biggest, was that out of the blue transfer her mother got to Raleigh. That is what kept us together.
MoonDust

Post by MoonDust »

Not that you need me to tell you this, but i do not think that those are a series of coincidences that should be ignored. i hope because of the age difference that you will take things slowly, but you definately dont need me to tell you about your life or that you should cherish each other. You are both very blessed to have each other. i ave no such love story and had to go through a lot of trials (and kiss a lot of toads) to find my current beau. We are planing a wedding by the beach for next year too. I am happy as you seem to be and I'm feeling blessed myself. I don't know if I believe the whole soulmate thing yet, but I do know that I wouldn't be able to appreciate him in my life the way I do now if it weren't for all the toad I kissed along the way.

Return to “Reincarnation & the Afterlife”