How to use divining rods-illustrations included

For discussion and questions about divination techniques including runes, crystal ball gazing, psychic readings, dowsing, etc. Questions, answers, and talk about Divination.
[cherokeewind]

How to use divining rods-illustrations included

Post by [cherokeewind] »

I was never brought up in a family that dowses for water. But I don't dowse for water, because there is no need for me to find water. Some people are in the business of putting in water wells and depend on their dowsing skills to find the best location for drilling one.

Other uses of divining rods include locating underground cables or lines (when the equipment utility companies have fail to find them), precious metals, lost objects, etc. Before modern technology, now used to locate crude oil for wells, dowsers were good at finding the oil.

Divining rods cross over water or oil to form an X like this.

The photo above shows a pair crossed, just as when over water. This is a common response, but there are other responses that need to be recognized. I prefer L-rods made of bronze and without the handles. Copper tube handles are often added to L-rods at the time they get made...if done right handles help some people to better control the rods. Handles should be free-wheeling or just in plain words "turn smoothly" when rods respond to various Earth signals.

The type of metal used for constructing a pair of L-rods is very important also. If you were to test out various types of metals using a computerized metal detector, the conductivity scale would reveal which metals are most responsive to electromagnetic waves. When a electromagnetic signal hits a metal, eddy currents form on the surface. This gives a feedback signal to a listening coil inside the main transmitting coil of a metal detector.

So, silver is at the very top of the conductivity to RF (radio frequency) signals and iron down on the lowest end of the electromagnetic spectrum. Iron often sends a confusing signal so unstable it fluctuates up and down the conductivity scale. Copper and brass are close to, but lower than silver. Bronze and gold are equal in their electromagnetic response to RF signals. These two metals fall in the midrange. Bronze L-rods without copper or brass handles are as good as rods made of gold...as for performance in dowsing. Some dowsers solder small gold nuggets to the bend of each rod, those who dowse for gold companies, I think that must be more to impress the owners of the mine or perhaps to feel confident rather than performance.

Dowsing for objects is a little tricky at first. To show the techniques that work for me, a circle with the 4 elements is used here...yellow for East, red for South, black for West, white for North. This is a common set of color correspondences used by many Native Americans.

The rods cross as a person walks eitherr toward the North, East, South, or West...crossing an electromagnetic field signal caused by Earth energies. The object detected by a dowser might actually be to his/her right or left.

The North seems to be a preffered direction to move in, so here we move toward the North.

If the object is to your right (East here), moving to the left (West here) will cause the rods to stay crossed...even after several steps moving that direction.

But if you had turned to the right, the rods would only stay crossed until taking one step.

Now, while the rods are still crossed before taking even one step (facing East), this is what happens if side stepping slightly North or South.

The above image is stepping right...

Or stepping left.

Between the two positions is center. If you take a step foward (East here) while the rods are crossed and centered...they should spread apart, about a 45 degree angle until moving forward again. Then the rods should swing back into the sweep position. If you wander off course, they cross again. Just center the rods and take a step...they go into the 45 degree angle spread once more. In this position raising or lowering can be used to pinpoint a target. When in the line of view (from your eyes toward the target), the rod tips swing together...even tapping ends sometimes.

Now, moving forward again, getting closer...moving by the object causes them to cross. Pulling one rod back can give you this configuration.

Like the photo below, move in close and locate the target.

Move in right to the object's location.

Just go a little farther and a perfectly crossed pair of L-rods should give an "X marks the spot" which could be a treasure of value...if that is what you're searching for. :D
Cherokeewind
[cherokeewind]

Post by [cherokeewind] »

I had a chance to use my L-rods, last Oct/Nov in Arizona. The above methods work inside a building and where you know what direction you're moving. In a desert, outback, or any wilderness, there are some better ways to dowse. They are more advanced techniques, like parallel rods close together, equal distance apart. You stand in one spot and turn a complete circle until the ends start tapping together.

:D
Cherokeewind
Y0m

Post by Y0m »

I must be slow but i just dont understand this.

I dont get how the rods cross or recognise when they hit water or a metal.... what are they made out of? :/
seems so simple that i might be missing something.

L rods are just metal rods shaped like L's right? and you just stick em in the ground and they magicly cross above the ground when water touches?
All I know is I love you.
That's about all I can do.
[cherokeewind]

Post by [cherokeewind] »

Y0m wrote:I must be slow but i just dont understand this.

I dont get how the rods cross or recognise when they hit water or a metal.... what are they made out of? :/
seems so simple that i might be missing something.

L rods are just metal rods shaped like L's right? and you just stick em in the ground and they magicly cross above the ground when water touches?
You just walk straight with them, the rods do the rest. It is a reaction and also control through energy and the Earth's energy field.

I don't try to find water, because it takes a well driller to get down to the water. To find metal, you need to search only for metal type of things. Otherwise, the rods will find minerals instead. What happens, depends on what a person is interested in finding. If you like rocks, stones, and crystals, the rods will bring you to them.

I have photos of my rods, but not uploaded yet. Brazing rods are widely used by dowsers and copper or wood handles. My rods don't have any handles, but they still move as if with them (still L-rod in shape).

L-rods should be light enough. Mine are on top about 10 1/2-11" in lenght and made from 3/32" bronze rods. Some people like copper instead. Usually on ebay by searching for "L-rods", "dowsing rods" or "divining rods" you'll find some fine pagan made rod sets. Usually steel or iron materials are avoided...but even those will work, except I don't like the way they feel. So, bronze, copper, and silver rods work best.

I've also seen the rods called "spirit glo rods" and those have a tip of glow-in-the-dark paint for use at night to locate the spirits in haunted houses.

You just have to work with the rods, L-rods will work for those who try. :D
Cherokeewind
Y0m

Post by Y0m »

Nice,
Sounds pretty neat. I need to get some of them :)

Thanks Cherokee!
[cherokeewind]

Post by [cherokeewind] »

Y0m wrote:Nice,
Sounds pretty neat. I need to get some of them :)

Thanks Cherokee!
I've found that it helps to work with the rods, right at home first, before other places. Get the feel of them.

I placed in desk and drawers, boxes on shelves, things I might like to find (gold and silver jewelry, coins, gemstones, etc.). The idea is to walk by all these things to see how the rods respond and develope your techniques that work for you...get proper results.

The fun part begins, when you try to locate the exact position of a dowsed object, before actually looking. Often these objects get moved or aren't where your memory told you.

I will hold then, the rods directly over and measure the distance on top of a drawer, pinpoint the exact spot. The rods always were and are continually right on target. A pendulum held over a drawer will respond also, to show the location of an object.

Then learn the parallel rod method. Stand still or turn...but don't walk. The rods are held about 2 1/2-3" apart. Raise or lower them, it is like sighting a rifle. When the rod tips line up with your sight and the object (target), a force will cause the tips to swing together and apart again...but continually keep tapping together with a pulsing rhythm. There doesn't have to be any particular direction in using this dowsing method. Scanning can be like turning a circle, I like deosil (sunwise). If something is to your SE,SW,NE,NW, it doesn't matter...can be any direction between.

Eventually, it will be so easy, to find bigger stuff outdoors. I met a couple gold miners on my trip. We camped together for a while, had campfire, coffee, cooking. But I showed them my rods, they believe in them also. I would hold up the L-rods and asked why certain mountains caused a response. The parallel rod method works from a distance, you stand still in one spot or turn at the ame place. The miners would explain to me about the mine shafts and tunnels in those mountains. :arrow: :idea:
Cherokeewind
Y0m

Post by Y0m »

I'm learning about an astalian tribe who devines for water by using their hands.
Much more simple :)

They also use their hands over plants before they pick them to find the tubers which are ready to be picked and which ones still need time to grow.

Their connection to mother earth is amazing.

My love.
[cherokeewind]

Post by [cherokeewind] »

Y0m wrote:I'm learning about an astalian tribe who devines for water by using their hands.
Much more simple :)

They also use their hands over plants before they pick them to find the tubers which are ready to be picked and which ones still need time to grow.

Their connection to mother earth is amazing.

My love.
I tried something else recently...you may want to try this too.

Hold a tree branch in each hand instead of L-rods. It seems to work also. Just a straight stick, I used a pair of sticks each about 24" in length. My hands would react, the sticks cross. I held one in place (after crossed) and moved one (left) to the left). Held the left stick in place again, but moved the right one then. I could feel it to my right. Walked to the spot and here they crossed again. You can just feel the pull of the Earth's energy, keeps them crossed!
Cherokeewind

Return to “General Divination”