Have you read this book?

Paganism, witchcraft, and Wicca as portrayed on TV, movies, and popular culture. Buffy, the Vampire Slayer, Charmed, Practical Magic, etc. If you know of a good show or movie, you can recommend it here or discuss it with others.
Maximus

Have you read this book?

Post by Maximus »

It's called "Mastering Witchcraft: A Practical Guide for Witches, Warlocks & Covens by Paul Huson. It's an old book written back in 1869. I bought this and had it for about 3+ years now but when I first read it I did not understand it so I disregard it and just kept it. It's still in new condition. Now I took the book out to study it some more and I understand it way more now. The reason being is that it's written of the old religion. There's seems to not be anymore info of the old religion practical ways on the internet. There be books of it that i don't know of.

But has anyone read it? What is your opinion of the book?
ellis

Post by ellis »

Mastering Witchcraft: a Practical Guide for Witches, Warlocks & Covens
Author: Paul Huson
ISBN: B000OFYW00
Publisher: G. P. Putnam's Sons - 1970
Format: Hardcover

----------------

It was published in 1970 mate.What old religion are you talking about?
You get witches of different religions by the way and Wicca is only 60 years old.
Maximus

Post by Maximus »

I meant to say 1969. I thought Wicca is the oldest religion. Older then Christianity.
NightRose
Banned Member

Post by NightRose »

Actually, Wicca in its current practiced form is not a very old religion at all.

Paganism, however, is a religion that predates Christianity. Think back to ancient Rome and Egypt before Christianity came about, and you'll be on the right track.
Maximus

Post by Maximus »

I guess I meant Witchcraft and its practices. Not sure about the Egyptians but along with their religion did they really practice witchcraft too? Is that how they were able to build the Pyramids?
Greymalkin
Banned Member

Post by Greymalkin »

Paganism, in itself, isn't a religion. It's more a way of life, like being vegetarian or teetotal.

There are many forms of paganism, various African forms, Native Americanism, Australian Aboriginal, Nordic, European Witchcraft, South American and probably a hundred different others that don't even have a name.

Wicca comes under the umbrella term of 'paganism' but Wicca in itself has only been around, at most, from the 1950's. It was started by a man called Gerald Gardner and he was helped (greatly) by a lady called Doreen Valiente.
Maximus

Post by Maximus »

I have recently found how of Buddhism life's philosophy that to only detach oneself from the material world is where you can truly find happiness.

Return to “Witchcraft and Wicca in the Media”