Oh. My. God. Ginger on the rampage!!!!!!

Teenagers are a special bunch with concerns different than adults. Teens can chat with each other here and learn from one another.
BlackenedRose*

Oh. My. God. Ginger on the rampage!!!!!!

Post by BlackenedRose* »

i told the teacher that i'd forgotten my book and he said why? in that infuriating teacher voice and while i was making non-commital sounds this annoying little pre-pubescent, squeaky voiced gender bender across the room said 'its cos she's a ginger' and i started shouting big time at him and then i went all dizzy and couldn't breathe and started crying and stuff. it was really scary.

my mum thinks that i had a panic attack. but this bothers me cos it never upset me before. am i going crazy?
celticwave

Post by celticwave »

Sounds like a panic attack to me too. Have you been under heaps of stress lately? Well thats probably a dumb question cause your a teenager like me and life sucks atm :P And it doesn't mean your crazy, i've had one of those too.

The only advice i can think of is something a friend of mine told me about anger and stress. Both these things are related to physical movement, so when you feel angry or stressed, rather then trying to 'calm yourself down', go for a walk or run or punch your pillow for awhile to try and get it all out, it helps believe me!

Elyse
*~Life may not be the party we'd hoped for, but while we're here we might aswell dance~*
BlackenedRose*

Post by BlackenedRose* »

Thanks. But being called ginger really annoys me. Does being ginger makes me any less of a person? I am reminded of John Agard's poem Half-Caste. Except that's about being half-caste. Obviously. Some of the boys at my school were in a group with me on an English project and I heard them discussing whether to talk to me or not because I was ginger.

I've always just shut up about it before. I wonder what has changed?
hedge*

Post by hedge* »

Hi there
Oh the immaturity of some people never ceases to amaze me. I can sympathise with you 'cos I am a "ginger" ( well naturally I am anyway ) and so is my son. When asked to describe my hair colour I would reply the colour of sunsets, sounds so much nicer than ginger and actually describes it better. I mean where did the term ginger come from anyway? Not the Root that's for sure 'cos they are 2 totally different colours.
Anyway my advice to you is to be who you are with pride, don't let the shallowness and smallmindedness of other people drag you down to their levels. Pure, breathetaking beauty comes from inside and not from the asthetic attributes we were born with and had no say in the matter.
Just something to think about :D

hedge
katrebelNY

Post by katrebelNY »

is a "ginger" like calling someone a dumb blonde? i never heard of that term before.

Kat
BlackenedRose*

Post by BlackenedRose* »

Oh, kat you're American. Ginger is a deregoratry (sp?) term for someone with red, auburn, chestnut, orange hair.

yeah, I know it's from the inside, (loving the quote about beauty its my msn name now) but that doesn't stop them having a go. It seems ever since I found out about Paganism I've been much more able to stand up for myself and say what I feel about things.

Ooh, I bet its that self-confidence spell I cast.

Yay!!

Thanks everyone, I've decided to just ignore it and on the last day of Year Eleven push him in the swimming pool. :lol:
hedge*

Post by hedge* »

BlackenedRose wrote: Thanks everyone, I've decided to just ignore it and on the last day of Year Eleven push him in the swimming pool. :lol:

LOL!!!!!
BlackenedRose*

Post by BlackenedRose* »

Well, he has no foresight. He won't be staying on to 6th form.

Martin can help me. He's strong.
silvermists

Post by silvermists »

I don't know why people get their panties in a twist over hair colours. Personally, I love red hair. It's so uncommon, hardly anyone has it (here in Canada at least). I'm a brunette, but I act like the blonde from all the jokes. I'm just a walking accident waiting--no, rushing--to happen.
darkestlight*

why?

Post by darkestlight* »

Being from ohio I don't the big deal about having red hair...I know lots of people who have died there hair red cuz they want red hair. So just remember at least in my little town lots of people want hair that's red like yours!!!
Lora
celticwave

Post by celticwave »

i agree, love red hair, its gorgeous!

And good idea with the ignoring thing, lol, things people say only have power if you let them, and your not, which is great!

I discovered that with the whole witch thing :p people would yell out 'burn her' when i walked past :roll: i used to get worked up, then i just ignored it and they stopped, so its all good!

Elyse
*~Life may not be the party we'd hoped for, but while we're here we might aswell dance~*
power_within

Post by power_within »

Whenever people make idiotic comments like that and I get pissed I just back-off and try to ignore them. It works sometimes beyond that I don't really know what to say cuz my best friend has red hair and we all love it, although we think it should be blonde (not all that bright) just kidding. :wink:
BlackenedRose*

Post by BlackenedRose* »

thankyoo everyone, i personally like my hair but i'm too worried about what others think. I suppose it will be better as I grow older. People become less judgemental by appearance. I hope.....

x..Emma..x
Alhandra

Post by Alhandra »

I live in Scotland so "ginger" is somet you see quite often. I dont get it. I have nothing against "gingers cuz my grandad was ginger but I really do not see the problem in it :?: Still people make fun of them even here. I like ginger hair most girls are quite pretty with it and they can die their hair red and still look good!
Katrina

Romany Saying~
"the tatcho drom to be a jinny penmergo is to dik, to shoon and to rig drey zi"
The true way to be a wise man is to see, to hear and to bear in mind.
shadowcat*

Post by shadowcat* »

I think red hair's great. Both my boyfriend and my best mate have red hair, and when I was younger I wanted it too. My boyfriend gets awful jokes coz hes got long ginger hair but he just tries to ignore it and well i love it! People can be sooo evil though. I mean at one point he was actually going to get his hair short again coz he couldnt stand the teasing that he was getting (walking down the street wit me and some clever ned would yell "lesbiens" at us...oh so clever :roll:) but you just gotta ignore peeps like that. I spent waaayyy too much of my life bothering about what people thought of me and now I just totally dont care, I'm me if they like it yay and if they dont well then i dont like them either!

Return to “Teen Concerns”