Teenagers are a special bunch with concerns different than adults. Teens can chat with each other here and learn from one another.
MotherSuperior

Post by MotherSuperior »

Focusing on someone elses life isn't going to help you deal with the issues of your own. I know that it may be hard to look around and not feel that the "grass is greener" but you need to focus on yourself.

Statements like, "the boy finished with me" isn't going to help your self-esteem so try thinking of it as just that the relationship ended, whether you wanted it or otherwise. Beating yourself up over him or what you had or what you could have had will hold you back a lot longer then if you are just done with it.

Tell yourself that you will let yourself be angry and sad and pissed about his behavior for a certain amount of time, not too long because it will drag you down--this is what my mother used to call a "pity party." When that time is up, lets say, a week, you turn over another leaf.

Here is a skeleton for a spell that may help you:
Find an incense that you really like, something warm and is scented of herbs or flowers with healing properties. Light a candle of a color that matches (white or gold, maybe blue) and burn these while you record in a short list the things in your life that are awful: the breakup, your family problems, issues you may have with school or work. When you're done burn the list under the flame of your candle and speak some words of encouragement. Toss the list into a fireproof dish--whatever you may use as your "cauldron." If you don't have one a Pyrex dish would probably do.

Let yourself have a good cry if you need it then wash your face and set out to change your outlook for the better. When I have gone through hard breakups I turn around and try to make myself a better person for it. Take up a hobby or return to one that you gave up. Make a resolution to do something to better yourself. Occupy your mind with education or even just the simple pleasure of a nature walk at the local wildlife preserve or park.

Once you realize that you're cool enough on your own, other people will see it as well.

Return to “Teen Concerns”