So if you don't believe...?

Discussion of Reincarnation, Afterlife, Life-Between-Lives (LBL)...
JackRabbitSlims

So if you don't believe...?

Post by JackRabbitSlims »

Okay, so with other religions, like christianity for instance, if you don't believe that your soul will go to heaven once you die, then your considered a non-believer and will go to hell.

So. Is this the same with places like The summerland? With reincarnation?

I'm perturbed because at this point, I feel very scientific when it comes to death.

I believe that the human soul, is our actual physical energy. Therefore when we die, that physical energy going into the earth we are buried into, and provides nutrients for the earth, and keeps the energy going, never dying.

I would love to believe in a place like The summerland, But its hard to, without proof. I guess that's where faith plays in.

So what I want to know, is if you don't believe in the summerland, or in reincarnation, but it is actually what happens after death, do you deal with it then? Or is it not an option because you had no faith in it?

Does the afterlife accept you, even if you didn't accept it?

(I'm trying to find my faith in the afterlife by the way. I just need some information to help better my knowledge. :) )

Hope to hear from you guys!
.You are Beautiful.
AP670
Banned Member

Re: So if you don't believe...?

Post by AP670 »

JackRabbitSlims wrote: I'm perturbed because at this point, I feel very scientific when it comes to death.

I believe that the human soul, is our actual physical energy. Therefore when we die, that physical energy going into the earth we are buried into, and provides nutrients for the earth, and keeps the energy going, never dying.

I \!
Ditto and great question.
NightRose
Banned Member

Post by NightRose »

Oh no! You don't believe in Summerland!!!! YOU MUST NOW GO TO WINTERLAND!!!!

...I'm totally kidding, by the way. And honestly, I know how you feel. I've never really figured out the "what happens after death" question. I believe in ghosts, I believe that loved ones who pass can become guardian angels...but after that, I haven't really figured it out. My rather passive opinion is that I have no idea what happens after we die, and I can wait until then to find out. I'm pretty sure whatever it is will take me even if I didn't have any clue what it is. I live my life by this idea: those who do good things will have good things happen after death, those who did bad things will have bad things happen. End story. With addendum for people who get tricked into doing bad things, accidentally kill people, etc. And if I'm wrong and we just *poof*, well then, my beliefs really didn't hurt, did they? They'll just mean I'll sleep easier when I reach the end. Although I'm going to be pretty pissed if this is all there is. There are a few people on the other side I owe really big hugs to.
AP670
Banned Member

Post by AP670 »

I don't care whats next. Honestly this one life is good enough for me.
JackRabbitSlims

Post by JackRabbitSlims »

NightRose@ I definately find comfort in your words. Kinda like, what will be, will be.

I guess its all unavoidable and we'll just have to find out in the end right?

:)

Hope to see you all there at least! Lol
.You are Beautiful.
NightRose
Banned Member

Post by NightRose »

I mean, let's be honest. If whatever it is is SOOOOOO self-centered that I have to believe in something to get there, I'd rather not be there with all the preachy people, thanks very much. I'm going to live my life and hope for the best.

This goes along with my argument that in Christianity, Hitler can go to heaven if he accepts Jesus and repents, but Ghandi went to hell because he wasn't Christian. I think it's bullshit. I think the good people are good, and the bad people are bad, and whatever is up there will understand that we all tried our best. Besides, anything that would send me to "hell" or something similar just because I don't worship it is too self-centered for me to ever worship anyways. I think the divine powers will be understanding that we are just mortals, and we cannot all be expected to understand the ways of the gods.
emmi116

Re: So if you don't believe...?

Post by emmi116 »

believe that the human soul, is our actual physical energy. Therefore when we die, that physical energy going into the earth we are buried into, and provides nutrients for the earth, and keeps the energy going, never dying.

although i believe in heaven and hell (although i dont believe that if you don't accept the lord as your savior you're going straight to hell) what you've said here is very interesting...it goes back to science in that energy is never created nor destroyed. your words are very though-provoking.
love always,
emmi
One Walker

Post by One Walker »

Hi JackRabbitSlims!

This is going to be a long post because, by necessity, it covers a lot of ground. I hope you find it interesting or informative though. I'm honestly trying to answer your question as best I can.

I would say, although I can offer no material, first-hand proof, that it accepts you whether you accept it or not. I think the real issue might be that you wouldn't realize you were there because you don't believe in it. There are reports of people being dead for many years and not realizing they were. They may have known something happened to them but they didn't deal with it or couldn't understand it.

For myself, I believe in an afterlife and reincarnation because it makes sense to me. One of the common threads of all belief systems, including Pagan and Wiccan, is the presence of the opportunity to set things right or correct mistakes. There are no errors, mistakes, or negative events in the life we live that cannot be redressed. There is nothing of any consequence that we get only one chance or shot at. If we make a mistake or error; or if we start down a negative path; there is always the opportunity to try again or to correct the mistake.

Curiously enough, this is also true in Nature. Mother Earth certainly takes steps to correct problems as well. But it takes a conscious effort to change things. Change is motivational-based. Therefore, there has to be an intelligence behind it. And emotions. To change things you have to:

A) WANT to change things.
B) Have an idea or ideal as to how you want things to be.
C) Believe you can.

So then you get into the issue of making Ethical or Moral choices because then you perceive things as being 'Bad' or 'Good'. One way is better for you than another. Now you've got a chain of Existence:

A) Material, or physical;
B) Mental, or intelligence; and
C) Spiritual, or moral/ethical.

But what ties all these things together? What is it that brings these things into symbiosis and harmony? What makes them work together? Many believe, as I do, that this is the Soul. This would make Soul the essence of your Being; the base of Who You Are from which all other things grow or come to exist in you life. The aspects of physical existence then become Mental, Spirit, and Soul. The sum of this would be Consciousness.

We know that all these aspects of consciousness operate outside of time and space. The science of mankind agrees with this. One of the classic examples in Physics answers this very question. In High School Physics they pose this problem: If you throw a baseball up in the air, how fast is it going when it hits the ground? The answer, according to the science of Physics, is: Zero. At the exact instant that ball contacts the ground there is no movement because, by scientific definition, an instant is of Zero Time. Aside from that is the question of how you decide when 'contact' is made? What defines 'hitting the ground'? When the first fleeting molecules of the ball meet the first fleeting molecules of the ground? But the ball will travel beyond that point! When the ball molecules come in contact with a sufficient amount of ground molecules that the ball is 'stopped'? And at what point is it exactly stopped? In any event, no two instances of a ball 'hitting' the ground would be the same anyway since the positions of the molecules involved are constantly changing.

Now apply this same, simple question to everything. It's a dilemma to be sure. Amazing how quickly we humans can make seemingly simple things complex, isn't it? Science has a propensity for painting itself into corners. The tighter they try to grasp things, the more things slip through their fingers. I say that because there is an easy answer to this whole question: It doesn't matter. We accept that the ball hits the ground. We acknowledge that contact has been made despite the fact we cannot tell where or when.

How does this apply to a Soul or Consciousness? Because we know it exists and operates outside of Time and Space. We cannot tell how or where or even when but we accept that it does exist. Therefore, the Soul is not a product of the Material, Physical world. The Soul is housed in or inhabits a Physical form so that it can experience the Physical world. It follows then that even though the physical body will eventually cease to exist the Soul or Consciousness aspect of your being does not because it is not a product of this physical universe or dimension. It exists as a part of some other dimension.

What does that have to do with the dimensional aspect we call Afterlife or The Borderland? It ties directly to the concept of reincarnation and the fact there is no mistake or error we make which cannot be corrected. We strive all through our lives to become better beings. That is essentially what our lives revolve around. We wish to better ourselves and be of service to our fellow 'human' beings so that they too can better themselves. But can we attain that in the span of one human lifetime? No. Especially since we lose our awareness of other planes or dimensions of Being when we inhabit a physical body. Not even Jesus did that. Jesus was simply the last or final reincarnation of a being who finally succeeded through many lifetimes on the earth (This is supported by the Bible too BTW.).

Our betterment is a product of many lifetimes. Sometimes we succeed in growing, sometimes we backslide. But we always learn. How do we retain this learning from one lifetime to the next? Through the Akashic Records which document the activities of every individual through every physical lifetime they experience. We access these records and the lessons recorded within them through our Consciousness. The manifestation of these lessons is our Conscience and our Fears. How does the transfer of this information take place and how do we establish a communication connection between ourselves and these Akashic Records? During our time in The Borderland between reincarnations. We review these records and see where we gained, where we lost, and decide what aspect of ourselves we want to work on improving in our next incarnation. This also leads directly to the concept of us choosing our own parents. We choose the parents we do because they offer a suitable base from which we can address the issue we have chosen.

Are we aware of other beings we knew while on the earth while we are in The Borderland? Yes. And we interact with those beings there just as we did on earth. In fact, there is strong evidence to suggest that beings quite often tend to reincarnate together and remain part of each others lives during their times on earth. The Soulmate concept is part of this. But people we had problems with in our past lives also can reincarnate at the same time and become part of our earthly lives over and over again. This is done not to seek revenge but to bring about peace between them.

So we can look at The Borderland or Afterlife as a waiting area, a gathering area, a library of knowledge, or even a study hall of sorts.

Of course I cannot support any of this with material proof but it does seem logical to me, and it seems to answer a lot of questions. Believe it or not as you will. Regardless, I hope you can find your faith. Hopefully this provided some food for thought in any case.

Blessings To You!

One Walker. :D
We have seen what Power does.
We have seen what Power costs.

One is never equal to the other.
ShadoWitch

Re: So if you don't believe?

Post by ShadoWitch »

I don't know about the afterlife part. There are so many beliefs out there that It makes me think that whatever you believe will happen to you, will.
I think that used to be true of burial, but with today's embalming practices and heavily lacquered coffins our bodies are more a threat to the environment. I'm going to make sure my body is cremated and my ashes scattered under a tree.
Just my opinion :D
AP670
Banned Member

Re: So if you don't believe?

Post by AP670 »

ShadoWitch wrote:.
I think that used to be true of burial, but with today's embalming practices and heavily lacquered coffins our bodies are more a threat to the environment. I'm going to make sure my body is cremated and my ashes scattered under a tree.
Just my opinion :D
agreed or natural burial in a forest.
Kevin Armstrong

reincarnation

Post by Kevin Armstrong »

intersting question. which i also had until i read a book that explains reincarnation in a very simple and easy way to understand. i highly recommend this book Wisdom of the Heart by Flora Rocha.
sheelanagig

Post by sheelanagig »

Life after death?

Have you ever considered life before "life"?

What who or where were we before we were born?
Why don't we remember?
How can we exist now if we never existed before?

My assumption is that we go back home to where we truley belong, where we came from before being born on this plane / planet.

As One Walker says
The Soul is housed in or inhabits a Physical form so that it can experience the Physical world.

This too is my belief.
theSeeker

Post by theSeeker »

I feel as though we should never worry about the past (as it is gone) nor about the future (as it is yet to be) - We should focus on the present and live it the best we can, growing each and every day.
Xal

Post by Xal »

That's why it's called the present, it a gift :p
"We are a way for the cosmos to know itself" - Carl Sagan

Return to “Reincarnation & the Afterlife”