New bills for Louisiana!!

Lesbian, gay, bi-sexual, and transgender discussion and questions.
[ShadowPhoenix]

New bills for Louisiana!!

Post by [ShadowPhoenix] »

The new bills for Louisiana...if these pass it will be yet another win for hatred and bigotry!!

This is what it says if you don't feel like logging onto Facebook...

There’s some dangerous legislation in the Louisiana legislature that threatens the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender community. We have been coordinating with our friends at the Forum for Equality and the ACLU of Louisiana to mobilize opposition to these bills.

The dangerous bills are:

House Bill 60, which would change Louisiana law regarding birth certificates for adopted children, providing that only married couples or single individuals can be listed as parents on the birth certificate. This bill would mean that out-of-state same-sex couples, and other unmarried couples, adopting Louisiana children could not both be listed as parents on their child’s birth certificate. This is legislation that, first and foremost, threatens Louisiana children in need of adoption. It’s also a discriminatory measure that would prevent same-sex couples who cannot marry in their home states from being identified as the parents of their adopted child. This bill has passed the House, has passed a Senate committee, and may be voted on by the full Senate at any time.

House Bill 517, which would threaten access to health care for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people. HB 517 would allow healthcare providers to refuse to participate in certain health care services that violate their religious beliefs or moral convictions. This legislation would set a dangerous precedent by establishing the principle that health care providers may cite religious belief as a basis for refusing to treat people in need of health care. This bill has passed the House, passed a Senate committee, and may be voted on by the full Senate at any time.
HonorRose
Banned Member

Post by HonorRose »

Gaah. We'll burn 'em to the ground if any of that crap passes..
Fallen Angel

Post by Fallen Angel »

O NO
~Alie!! :3
Godsmack

Post by Godsmack »

That's horrible... :(

I wonder why people are so prejudice and full of hatred. It just doesn't make any sense. :/
Euthalia

Post by Euthalia »

only one word i can think of is 'disgusting'
What a very sad society we live in :(
sylphaxiom

Post by sylphaxiom »

This is absolutely appalling! I myself, may not be gay, but I have family who is and friends as well. I cannot believe that politicians would go so far to impose such laws! This is the very reason I'm Libertarian the less laws, the better!

I particularly despise the healthcare laws! I was once in school for pre-med and was planning on working with low income or no insurance people because of my very firm beliefs that everyone deserves treatment and healthcare. Doctors are sworn an oath to help any patient in need. It is absolutely sickening to think that there are doctors out there that would use this law to not treat people because of the lifestyle they chose!
May the Gods be with you, and the hand of Fate be a gentle touch to guide you.
Sallydreams

Post by Sallydreams »

wtf? Really? I'm so freaking astounded at the audacity of people and what they think is okay. The birth certificate thing can really screw someone over, especially if one of the parents die and the partner tries to adopt the child for parental rights (For school, insurance reasons, etc)

It just makes me so angry.

You also have to look at the amount of puritans that are in that area.

I hate to say it... but politics are ran by religion when it shouldn't be that way at all. Everyone is so worried about offending someone and blahblahblah, but gay people can be put through the strainer constantly.

I say we all start sueing our state for all the laws that are bias against same sex couples. If enough people sue... it'd be more worth it to just change the law.

Return to “LGBT Chat and Concerns”