Finding a Path

Discussion of the different types of witchcraft and pagan paths.
NightRose
Banned Member

Finding a Path

Post by NightRose »

I was chatting with atheist of peace earlier about beliefs, and how everyone finds their own individual path to find God / Goddess / The Divine / a Greater Power, etc, etc, and wanted to post the question to the board at large:

How did you find your path to your faith? And how do you feel it connects with others' beliefs?
AP670
Banned Member

Post by AP670 »

I became an atheist by studying religion, science, reality, people, and society. =D Though I/we would never call atheism a faith... The only thing all atheist have in common is a lack of belief in God/god(s). We all have different reasons, philosophies, and views on reality. Unlike agnosticism, which has to do with knowledge, atheism is only about belief.

How does atheism relate to other faiths? Could you add a little more to what you are looking for. In general, to certain beliefs, with everything? My philosophies and views added on top or pure atheism? Shall I speak for myself or for some groups etc....

peace
Mick.
NightRose
Banned Member

Post by NightRose »

atheist of peace wrote:
How does atheism relate to other faiths? Could you add a little more to what you are looking for. In general, to certain beliefs, with everything? My philosophies and views added on top or pure atheism? Shall I speak for myself or for some groups etc....
I'm asking you to speak for yourself. I never would ask you to speak for the whole group, because I think everyone believes just a little differently than anyone else, even if it's just a mild semantics issue. What I mean is, how do you feel about other religions? Do you think they're all confused? Or just looking at the same thing differently?

(I realize we're on a little bit of shaky ground here, so let's just make sure we try to avoid personal attacks to any religions when answering these, everyone!)
Crowfeather
Banned Member

Post by Crowfeather »

I was born and raised Christian. Baptised Catholic.
Growing up, I hated church. We went to a Baptist church, because that's what my father was. My parents diddn't go often, but every now and then they'd go on little periods where they'd go every weekend for a month or two.

I always had to bring a way to entertain myself. Other kids got thier gameboys, and got to play pokemon. Not us. One time, I brought a Magic-The Gathering (trading card game) rulebook and read it over and over. My father made my put it away. He told me to listen to the pastor, but I argued that it's the same thing every week. He told me that I wasn't listening then. Sigh...

So the older I got, the more I questioned my faith, because I hated going to church and the beliefs.

I then started having a spiritual awakening. After questioning my faith of roughly 15 years, I began to feel things. Magickal things that the bible never explained. Auras, Chi, Chakras, so on. So I stayed up late on the family computer when everyone else was in bed and researched.

The first site I found was one on modern Vampirism. I studied for half a year, reading about Psy-vamps, Blood vamps, Incubi, comparing symptoms, before I finally came to the conclusion I was a vampire.

As a vamp, I learned about many magickal things, such as shielding, grounding, empathy, and so on. Broken from my Christian bondage of God= good and Evil= everything else, I found myself drawn to Eastern Philosophy and Energy practices. Tai-Chi, Zen, Chakras and such became a prime focus in my studies.

I had read about Wicca, but thought that no matter how much I loved it's beliefs and workings, I couldn't be a wiccan because of the rede: Do as ye will, but harm ye none. Believing my very sustainance was draining others, I avoided the path.

After months more study, I found different ways of draining, and new ways of shielding. Thinking my consience was clear, I started studying Wicca with all my might. I've been practicing ever since.
Ankhhape

Post by Ankhhape »

Well this should go over big . . . . LOL!!

I am an Asetianist which means I follow the path of Aset and the Kemetic religion. How I found this path took over 35 years and the result of finding the Kemetic Order of Aset Ka.

Asetianism strives for spiritual evolution which brings me to my secondary path, Luciferianism.

Luciferic beliefs are not that of the Christian Bible as most would think.

Lucifer is the principle of progress and intellectual inquiry, not only the divine inspiration behind the spiritual enlightenment of the Gnostic and the heretic but the lover of the God in all his/her forms.

As an Asetianist I would simply define Lucifer as a Principle of our Universe, one that presents the light / truth apart from the darkness / falsities.

Lucifer-Daath, the original Serpent / Oroborous, represents the divine force of creation that is able to carry out the idea of creation.

Lucifer-Daath sinks down to the Physical level and awakens the power of creation and the sexual energy in man (Kundalini).

The adepts of the Left Hand Path glorify the Fall and allow the destruction to be fulfilled. Leading away from the Tree of Life and further into the Tree of Knowledge.

I am for the most part opposed to the Abrahamic religions.
TaciRain
Banned Member

Post by TaciRain »

THIS IS A REALLY LONG STORY. LOL my life story. lol.

I was raised as a Christian. Southern baptist since i was born. We went to church every sunday when i was little up until i was 5. When i was 5 i moved to georgia from florida. When i lived there i didnt go to church again until i was 12 except during summer vacations when id go to fl to stay with my aunt and grandma. At the age of 12 we started going to a church in georgia full time (like every sunday morning, sunday evening and wednesday evening). at the age of 13 I started dating my best guy friend Jernigan. Jernigan was a little heavy-set, very much into fantasy, videogames, yugioh, lord of the rings, etc. The summer before my freshman year, i was still highly active in church. During the summer, the youth pastors decided to show us this documentary over the course of 3 or 4 weeks on sunday mornings this video on satanic worship, cults, etc and the dangers of such. pretty much a lot of it was a bunch of interviews with police who have arrived on the scene of satanic sacrifices, found bodies mutilated by cultists, etc. they started describing wicca at one point. i'd never heard of it before. it showed this enactment of this blonde woman wearing a white robe with a wreath around her head holding a candle and walking into a clearing with other people following her wearing white robes and standing in a circle. the over voice was talking about wicca being a religion that believes in a god and a goddess and is nature based and practices white magick. and i thought to myself "oh that sounds pretty cool" then the screen goes black and big white letters come up "ALL MAGICK IS EVIL! THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS "WHITE MAGICK"!".

summer ends and i go back to school. Jernigan and i are still together and im still going to church. well things start getting rocky between me and jerni. we start fighting and then he comes out later and says hes wiccan. well between all the fighting and my corrupted vision of wicca being a cult and jerni and i break up really roughly. after about 6 months i start dating again and date this guy orion. well he becomes emotionally, verbally and physically abusive towards me, but *says in nasally voice* because i loved him* i stayed with him. so eventually i move to fl after about 7 or 8 months of dating him. he wants to do the long distance thing and i agree to remain faithful and he does too. so i move and within three months of the move i find out hes cheated on me with three different people. two of which were my best guy friends. yes i said GUY friends. and right after i move i find out jernigan is gay. so to say the least my self esteem is down the toilet. to top it off i'm in a town where i dont know anyone and dont fit in. I try going to the church here and find a lot of conflicting ideas between the church id been attending for so long and this church. but i try to stick it out but i've m not as enthusiastic.

then i met brandon. i fell in love. and after a while our relationship became physical to put it nicely. and of course i told one person who told her bf who told his friends who eventually told everyone and the church found out about it. my youth minister told me to either repent or get out. so i got out.

when i was 18 i moved in with brandon and began really researching more on wicca. jernigan and i talked things out and became friends again. so i became more openminded and started reading up on wicca and well here i am.
Alicat
Banned Member

Post by Alicat »

One Walker

Post by One Walker »

I was raised Baptist but separated myself from it at about 21 years old when I saw the extent of hypocrisy among many of the more wealthy and prominent members of the congregation; plus the fact that they believed in doctrines that I came to question and reject-such as no dancing, no going to movies, etc. The final straw was that their answers to certain questions simply didn't satisfy or make sense-even according to the Bible. So I went out searching on my own. I came across the Stone Shaman path and have been pursuing it ever since. I've also recently been studying a lot of the Edgar Cayce readings to obtain further understanding and insight into our spiritual nature.

One Walker. :D
We have seen what Power does.
We have seen what Power costs.

One is never equal to the other.
AP670
Banned Member

Post by AP670 »

Or just looking at the same thing differently?

I think humans are the source of all good... =D...and bad :(

Nature, Nature, Nature its all Nature.
Being a psych major, don't forget the power of nurture, culture, and society. They can override Nature.

Self fulfilling prophecy
"Where the attention goes the energy flows."

The Art of War. (Book) hahah I guess its my bible or Koran,Tao Te Ching, Grimoire or Book of Shadows, Rig Vadas, Book of the Dead, *runs out of breath* Well, you get the idea.

I evolved. I came from the womb of my mother, Earth. (Womb is Sea)*yet I am an Air sign* rolleyesgreen

Body language and mirroring..etc, is the S#!+

The interconnectedness.

Infinitely Infinite Infinity.

String theory, Quantum Physics, Multiple universe....I'm all up into that.
^See above^

10 Dimensions...

Matter/energy always was, is not creatable or destroyable, only changeable/interchangeable...hmmm? *that's asking you a question*

Rubber band theory...?

Science (I trust it)

Logic
Reason
Learning
Reading

Food is the best!

Love
love

Peace

Hows this for starters. Is this along the lines you were looking for? Thanks for the question Belinda. =D

*hugs*

Love, Peace, and Happyness!!!
*that's been my nick name on campus for the last two semesters* =D **I used the Y on purpose. It's become custom.

Peace
Mick

Edit: Grimoire was not in my Ie spell checker . I had to add it. =D
AP670
Banned Member

Post by AP670 »

Oh and I am a moral consequentialist...relativism.....
ravenblackwolf

Post by ravenblackwolf »

i am a christian witch i found my path by being a witch all of my life. knowing th gifts i have and believing in god was not easy how to balance both. but i have found a way. people leave the church because of greed in the church or what ever the reason. well if they are commiting sins against the god than they are not christians. i follow him with love faith respect and magick.
[White Orchid]

Post by [White Orchid] »

I asked my partner last night Who am I and where do i fit in.
As joining this forum has sent me down a new path and raised many questions for me.

I have never been one to follow, I am not a sheep. I am not wiccan yet some of the rede rules i believe have great meaning to me, I do not cast spells so to speak but i believe if you want something you just send it out there and the universe will listen. I do believe in Avalon and the divine goddess,I have always been gifted with fore sight . As this is a gift that 5 generations of first born daughters have from my great grandmother to my daughter. ( My family loin is traced to the picts people this was traced back by my mother)
Is there a place for me to fit or a path best suited for me to take. Or is the path we each take our own and should not be labeled?

please tell me your thoughts
love light and warmest blessings
White Orchid

If any one has any thoughts on this please feel free to tell me you poin of view.

love, light and warm blessings
White Orchid
theSeeker

Post by theSeeker »

I believe we are all living our path from the day we are born and it is in the finding of this path that we seek our place of being... that which we came from.

I am grateful to each and every church, person and religion that I was fortunate to have come across, Christianity included... they have helped me form the spiritual foundation I stand upon today.

... blessing
silent-wonderer

Re: thank you for the help.

Post by silent-wonderer »

Ankhhape wrote:Well this should go over big . . . . LOL!!

I am an Asetianist which means I follow the path of Aset and the Kemetic religion. How I found this path took over 35 years and the result of finding the Kemetic Order of Aset Ka.

Asetianism strives for spiritual evolution which brings me to my secondary path, Luciferianism.

Luciferic beliefs are not that of the Christian Bible as most would think.

Lucifer is the principle of progress and intellectual inquiry, not only the divine inspiration behind the spiritual enlightenment of the Gnostic and the heretic but the lover of the God in all his/her forms.

As an Asetianist I would simply define Lucifer as a Principle of our Universe, one that presents the light / truth apart from the darkness / falsities.

Lucifer-Daath, the original Serpent / Oroborous, represents the divine force of creation that is able to carry out the idea of creation.

Lucifer-Daath sinks down to the Physical level and awakens the power of creation and the sexual energy in man (Kundalini).

The adepts of the Left Hand Path glorify the Fall and allow the destruction to be fulfilled. Leading away from the Tree of Life and further into the Tree of Knowledge.

I am for the most part opposed to the Abrahamic religions.
thank you so much for the help, you have answered alot of my questions about Luciferianism, and i believe that it mite be the path in which i am suited for, it has taken me awhile to figure it out but when i looked, my thoughts had brought me here to this site,and i thankyou for the answer that i have been seeking.
Red Music

Re: Finding a Path

Post by Red Music »

My path is to be a Green witch! Yay!

Return to “Types of Witchcraft”