What should I paint on my guitar?

General chit chat and discussions here.
All are welcome!
Crowfeather
Banned Member

What should I paint on my guitar?

Post by Crowfeather »

Hey everyone, Crowfeather here!
So, I'm tired of my guitar's current paint job.
So I'm wanting to re-paint it.
I've got all the tools to do a professional paint job on this. My parents are automotive shop people, so this guitar will have paint like a new car. Not cheap spray paint.
But I don't know what to paint on it.
I was thinking a crescent moon, because I love it. It's on all my clothes I design and I always wear a crescent moon necklace.
But what do you guys think I should paint on it?
Rifts
Banned Member

Post by Rifts »

Has a geek-asm and passes out at the sight of the guitar.
Hallucinant

Post by Hallucinant »

That is one pretty guitar! I think the crescent moon would make a lovely paint job. You could also design some sort of swirly motive for some part of the guitar, that somehow connects with the crescent moon. [/failing to explain clearly]

By the way, I stumbled into this work recently:

http://mil0oz.deviantart.com/art/Vector ... -119989926

It's not an electric one, but maybe it gives you some inspiration. (:
JackRabbitSlims

Post by JackRabbitSlims »

If I painted those other things on my gee-tar, I would paint a boo next.

:) that little ghost marshmellow is so dang cute. :)

Or a bowser stencil would be cool. Like find a black and white shaded sketch of his face or something :)
.You are Beautiful.
Crowfeather
Banned Member

Post by Crowfeather »

I'm liking these ideas. I could see the crescent moon with 'swirly things' (i know exactly what you're talking about).
The boo is cute, but I'm trying to get away from gaming on my guitar. I may make a boo shirt. I'll post pics if i do.
melodicgrace

Post by melodicgrace »

I wish one of my guitars looked like that. Beautiful!

As for what to put on yours, Crowfeather, the crescent moon sounds like a great idea! Whatever you decide to do with it, be sure and post it. I'd love to see! :-) Also, what kind of guitar is it? I can't tell just from the body.
Ankhhape

Post by Ankhhape »

Please keep in mind that guitars are either finished with Nitro-Cellulose or Lacquer. If you finish it with anything else you run the risk of ruining the timbre of the instrument.

I have added many sigils and symbols to most of my guitars and have found a simple painting of the desired image and then lightly covering the image with a clear fingernail to coat to be effective without straining the instrument's tonality.

If you are to refinish the instrument you should be using either lacquer or Nitro- Cellulose.
melodicgrace

Post by melodicgrace »

I hadn't really thought about it, but Ankhhape is very right. Be careful with what you paint it with.
Crowfeather
Banned Member

Post by Crowfeather »

*nods* Yeah, I understand. Like I said, I have access to all the materials I need, including a good laquer.
However, I may just paint it and then do the light layer of fingernail polish as ankhhape suggested. While I have access to the nice materials, I certainly don't have money to throw around.

I think I've decided upon a moon and curlicue design.
Pics when It's completed.

And Melodicgrace, it's a Baldwin/Gibson Les Paul Copy. It was my first guitar, and it is rather heavy. It plays extremely well for a $120 guitar.

Return to “For Everyone”