WE ARE SO SCREWED!

Discussion of Reincarnation, Afterlife, Life-Between-Lives (LBL)...
icebunny

Post by icebunny »

I'm not the least bit worried about it. If it happens, it happens. I truly believe the universe will give us the tools to live on. We're a stubborn, persistent race. :)
Xal

Post by Xal »

DONT TAKE AWAY MAI INTERNETZ!
"We are a way for the cosmos to know itself" - Carl Sagan
WitchyLady506

Post by WitchyLady506 »

[quote="Xal"]DONT TAKE AWAY MAI INTERNETZ![/quote

Damn right!!!!! If I don't have internet I might actually have to leave my apartment to go out and talk to people in person. I don't like doing that. Plus how will I read all my manga?!?!?!?!?!?!
searching

Post by searching »

Velusia wrote:Speaking of that.. I want a twinkie =(
I could live off of twinkies for quite a while :) , i am a little late on the viewing of the posts mmm i was thinking on a serious note, now i am needing a sugar fix
Sonni-Na

Post by Sonni-Na »

earth wolf wrote:if this was true dont you think we would be preparing for it? its not even been menchioned by media i have never even heard this theory until now?
I agree. I've never heard a waord about this until now. But if it is true, I have a vegie garden and my brother hunts. Now granted I spend every waking moment possible in front of a computer screen and I love my central air conditioning and my amazing furnace, but staying hydrated (rain will still fall) will keep me cool and some amazing person discovered the ability to strike a fire upon need. The world won't end do to lack of electricity. It will simply be knocked on it's butt for a bit. We'll recover . . .
Ravencry

Post by Ravencry »

If a storm knocks out electricity, just think: This is the Goddess's way of bringing us all back to nature. I was homeless and didn't rely on power and had the best, most lifechanging spiritual experience ever. Not only am I closer to the Goddess and God, but I am connected with all the elements of the natural world. It was learning to survive on your own that made it life-changing, also. Yes, many people will be unable to cope without internet and phone, this is the only way that many people keep in contact with their families (example: the soldiers in Iraq).

I think that reverting to nature to supply us with what we need will be a lot better on the soul than relying on mass-production and importation. This is why homelessness is actually supposed to be life-changing. Some people look at it as a sign of laziness, but this is not the case with everyone. Some resort to booze, some look at it as religious experience, some resort to drugs. I'm one of the people that can survive if tehnology ceased to exist, solely because I can set a fire with candle wax and paper as fuel (a lot hotter fire than wood), I know how to grow and hunt my own food (No, I didn't hunt when I was homeless, this was before, when I lived with my grandparents.), I know how to grow, harvest, dry and grind wheat to make my own bread. And yes, I learned this all because I was homeless and couldn't pay for food.

I think that everyone should learn skills such as these so if electricity ceases to work, people can survive on their own.
Ravencry

Post by Ravencry »

if this was true dont you think we would be preparing for it? its not even been menchioned by media i have never even heard this theory until now?
Well, no. American government tries to keep things like this under wraps so the American people will continue to conform. If people knew, there would be widespread panic, and riots. It is happening, jus look:

http://socioecohistory.wordpress.com/20 ... torm-2012/
shadowx
Banned Member

Post by shadowx »

I so wish this 2012 crap would die.

Electricity wont disappear, it wont be pretty but the grids can be back up within months at the worst, perhaps longer in third world countries if they are hit. Assuming the solar storm happens, and assuming it is of strength to damage the grid all they need to do are disconnect the major transformers which are the vulnerable parts. There will be very limited damage and the grid would be back within days. This is a WORST, WORST, WORST, WORST, WORST, WORST, WORST, WORST, WORST, WORST, WORST, WORST, WORST, WORST, WORST, WORST, WORST, WORST, WORST, WORST case scenario, see how many "WORST"s there are? yup, that is as bad as it will get.

As for the internet it will be relatively safe. All the continental links run under the oceans and most of the backbone of the networks is underground as well as within shielded cable. The high speed fibre connections run on light and are NOT electrically conductive thus no solar storm would ever have the slightest effect on them hence the internet network backbone would be untouched, only your phone line would be affected. I believe most cable connections run underground and most of those too would be untouched.

I cant wait for this day... i will mock you people so frikking hard hopefully i will make a few of you cry :)
Ravencry

Post by Ravencry »

If it doesn't happen, I won't cry from mockery, I will cry because Americans are like crackheads for electricity. Even if it were a major black out that lasted a few days, I would be happy with just that. Just something to teach people that power isn't everything (at least electrical power).

I'm also hoping that something like this happens on 2012 because I hated being called a lazy bum. Lack of a real birth certificate is not a lazy bum.

I just want to point the fingers at the people who thought that I was worthless because I lived on the street. When they are the ones fighting to survive and I have power because I know how to fend for myself is when I consider myself truly happy. Its f*cked up in a lot of ways, but I'm f*cked up in a lot of ways. LOL. :twisted:
shadowx
Banned Member

Post by shadowx »

I wont feel silly at all because it wont happen ;)

But if you never see me again after a blackout... haha
Just something to teach people that power isn't everything
In this day and age it is... It is electricity that powers all medical treatment, creates all medicines, allows researchers to research, made the candles we use, harvested the herbs we use and the crops we eat, mined the crystals we hold, weaved the cloth we wear, created the bricks for homes, the asphalt for roads, the wood for buildings, the paper for knowledge, the phones and the postal system and email for communications, the heaters for warmth the pumps and purification for water, the heat for food, the ability to raise and slaughter animals for meat, to chill food to keep it fresh.

We would never be where we are today without electricity, even you would be lost and vulnerable without it.

Having said that it isnt going anywhere in 2012 so no-one needs to worry :)

Return to “Reincarnation & the Afterlife”