Faith groups increasingly lose gay rights battles

Lesbian, gay, bi-sexual, and transgender discussion and questions.
[ShadowPhoenix]

Faith groups increasingly lose gay rights battles

Post by [ShadowPhoenix] »

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 04063.html

YES! We are winning more and more these days...it is only a matter of time before we are triumphant!
[ShadowPhoenix]

Is it completely wrong to want so desperately, the plight of those who offend and oppress, not only us as GLBT but other minorities?
Moon_Stone

Post by Moon_Stone »

Wrong? No. But let's just say it won't be gaining you any karma points. :wink:

~BB~
HallowHim

Post by HallowHim »

ShadowPhoenix wrote:Is it completely wrong to want so desperately, the plight of those who offend and oppress, not only us as GLBT but other minorities?

are you gay?
[ShadowPhoenix]

well, considering other posts I've made in this section, I'd have thought that would be obvious at this juncture, but yes I am gay. :wink:

To Moonstone...you're prolly right perhaps we should defeat them...lovingly? kill with kindness? :P
Release.the.bats
Banned Member

Post by Release.the.bats »

Killing them with kindness.
Makes me think of crimes of passion.
haha.
hummingbird3

Post by hummingbird3 »

LGBT's are winning more and more rights! Iowa just legalized gay marriage and Washington is about to pass an "anything but marriage" bill which gives all the rights of marriage just calling it something else. thats good enough for me :)
yo soy bruja y tu eres mi todo
HallowHim

Post by HallowHim »

hummingbird3 wrote:LGBT's are winning more and more rights! Iowa just legalized gay marriage and Washington is about to pass an "anything but marriage" bill which gives all the rights of marriage just calling it something else. thats good enough for me :)

i don't agree with that. what kind of life will have two gays? what about kids? what about when the will get old? that's f*cked up
hummingbird3

Post by hummingbird3 »

HallowHim wrote:
hummingbird3 wrote:LGBT's are winning more and more rights! Iowa just legalized gay marriage and Washington is about to pass an "anything but marriage" bill which gives all the rights of marriage just calling it something else. thats good enough for me :)

i don't agree with that. what kind of life will have two gays? what about kids? what about when the will get old? that's f*cked up
u dont agree with what?
Moon_Stone

Post by Moon_Stone »

Clearly you have opinions, HallowHim, but this is a forum section for like minded individuals to feel welcome. As the "welcome" post states (which I have just edited to include "*Rules for this forum section*)...
MoonStone wrote:"...I want to start by saying that any intolerance-type remarks or harassment of any kind will not be tolerated here. This is a place to be free, express freely, discuss freely, and be free of the harassment of the outside world. If you are a person who feels it's their moral, religious, or other "duty" to convert those who don't believe the same way that you do, this is not the place for you. We respect your rights as an individual and we respect the freedom you have to speak your mind, but please, do not leave any comments meant to be openly against homosexuality, transgendered persons, or anything of that nature, here. We won't seek you out to hurt you; please respect the rest of us and extend the same courtesy here."
HallowHim, while you are more than entitled to have and vocalize your opinions anywhere and at any time you so choose, please do not post any further remarks displaying your apparent disdain of those who love a different way than you do. We don't want it in here. Period.

~Bright Blessings~
*MoonStone (Moderator)
Moon_Stone

Post by Moon_Stone »

Hummingbird3, I believe HallowHim is saying he does not agree that gay marriage should be allowed. He further (albeit, using inappropriate verbiage) continues to say that it's "f'd up" for two people of the same gender to be married- thinking that when they age, (and I'm guessing he's implying that as we age the desire for sexual encounters decreases, so...) what use would they have for one another? :roll:

~
Thank you for your support of the GLBT community, Hummingbird3. Your comments are quite welcome here. :28:

~Bright Blessings~
HallowHim

Post by HallowHim »

MoonStone wrote:Hummingbird3, I believe HallowHim is saying he does not agree that gay marriage should be allowed. He further (albeit, using inappropriate verbiage) continues to say that it's "f'd up" for two people of the same gender to be married- thinking that when they age, (and I'm guessing he's implying that as we age the desire for sexual encounters decreases, so...) what use would they have for one another? :roll:

~
Thank you for your support of the GLBT community, Hummingbird3. Your comments are quite welcome here. :28:

~Bright Blessings~
that's what i mean
and sorry for my words ok... i make mistake :wink:
hummingbird3

Post by hummingbird3 »

i assumed thats what he meant i just wanted him to say it.

seeing as im the b in LGBT its natural for me to support lol
HallowHim

Post by HallowHim »

hummingbird3 wrote:i assumed thats what he meant i just wanted him to say it.

seeing as im the b in LGBT its natural for me to support lol
ok i will tell you what i mean..... i agree with gay,lesbian and bisexual couples.. but i don't agree with marrige...i am bisexual too..... but i never though to marry with a guy!!! because i like kids a lot.. and i want to have one... thats the main reason of that... are we ok now?
Moon_Stone

Post by Moon_Stone »

I understand what you're saying, HallowHim- though why do you discount the possibility of having children just because you are gay/bisexual? There are a vast number of possibilities- surrogacy, adoption, fertilization of a willing participant.... simply because a life partner doesn't happen to have the right parts to hold and birth a baby (or the couple has *two* of those applicable parts) doesn't mean that raising a child is out of the cards for them.

The more rights the GLBT community is granted, the easier these alternatives become for those, and all, couples. The main idea contained in all of these conversations here is that no party should be discriminated against for any reason- age, gender, background, creed, color OR sexual orientation. Discrimination is discrimination- and it feeds ignorance and intolerance.

~Bright Blessings~

(And sorry about the misunderstanding- I didn't mean to be too hard on you- I'm just vehemently opposed to any bashing going on in here). :28:
*M

Return to “LGBT Chat and Concerns”