Faith groups increasingly lose gay rights battles

Lesbian, gay, bi-sexual, and transgender discussion and questions.
hummingbird3

Post by hummingbird3 »

Oh, don't feel sorry my life is great. I am truly blessed to have my child. It may be the hardest job I've ever had, but it's worth it everytime I hear her voice, see her play, and watch her sleep. I don't care if people look down on me or criticise me, because she is my world. Redirect your pity somewhere else, I don't want it or need it.
yo soy bruja y tu eres mi todo
[ShadowPhoenix]

Post by [ShadowPhoenix] »

HallowHim wrote: you're wrong ,very wrong... i don't know what to say to you.... my only dream is to have someday children. i live for that...hhhhmmmm im sorry for you....

you don't answer my question? i'm still waiting
Hallow...what are you talking about? Hummingbird, was just saying that the kids on the talk shows are stupid, as in they aren't in their right mind, I think they're just paid to get up there, most of them anyway. She is also saying, that pregnant teens are all grouped together as dumb poor white trash, which is not the case for anyone who would think so.

She also said that she had thought about the alternative but that she would not have been able to do it, and that she has one, her child is now her top priority, and that she is capable of taking care of her child.

So, Hallowhim, what IS it exactly that she is SO wrong about that you don't even know what to say??
Rifts
Banned Member

Post by Rifts »

This is just what I wanted to see...

Take THAT, fanatics!
hummingbird3

Post by hummingbird3 »

Thank you guys! At least some people aren't judgemental about my life. I mean seriously i live like 20 mins away from a clinic it would've been so easy to get an abortion. People would've judged if I had and they judge because I didn't. Thank the Goddess some people have the capacity to mind their own business.
yo soy bruja y tu eres mi todo
HallowHim

Post by HallowHim »

hummingbird3 wrote:Oh, don't feel sorry my life is great. I am truly blessed to have my child. It may be the hardest job I've ever had, but it's worth it everytime I hear her voice, see her play, and watch her sleep. I don't care if people look down on me or criticise me, because she is my world. Redirect your pity somewhere else, I don't want it or need it.
i agree with you now,.. i thought that you don't like kids that's why i wrote that... forgive me if i insult you... it was my bad.... i'm not criticize you... it's your life, i wasn't agree with gay marrige, i don't know why you criticize me about that..
frisbee

Post by frisbee »

I'm personally so thrilled about Iowa (my neighboring state!) and Vermont, especially after the immense disappointments in CA, AZ, and FL. People may think whatever they want, and they will, but I find it intolerable that as a citizen of a supposedly free country, I cannot marry the person of my choice in most states. And all just because someone's holy book (supposedly) says it's bad, or because someone can't handle the thought of two dudes making out (I don't like the thought of my Aunt Rose and Uncle Ned naked together, but oh well, what business is it of mine?).

I get quite sick of the reproduction arguments. As much as I love children, I don't want any for myself. Marriage and sex aren't about reproducing, but about a commitment and bond between people who are in love and want to build a life together.

Some people I love dearly disapprove of my sexual orientation (do they disapprove of my eye color, too?), and would never bless my marrying a man. It hurts. I only want what they want, and what many of them already have--a stable, loving, lifelong relationship.

I'd like to think we've come a long ways in 2009. But maybe I'm fooling myself. There are still plenty of folks who think I'm taking the first train to hell. They may not say it outright, but their actions show me, they think they are above me. So much for "love one another."
Crowfeather
Banned Member

Post by Crowfeather »

frisbee wrote:I'm personally so thrilled about Iowa (my neighboring state!) and Vermont, especially after the immense disappointments in CA, AZ, and FL. People may think whatever they want, and they will, but I find it intolerable that as a citizen of a supposedly free country, I cannot marry the person of my choice in most states. And all just because someone's holy book (supposedly) says it's bad, or because someone can't handle the thought of two dudes making out (I don't like the thought of my Aunt Rose and Uncle Ned naked together, but oh well, what business is it of mine?).

I get quite sick of the reproduction arguments. As much as I love children, I don't want any for myself. Marriage and sex aren't about reproducing, but about a commitment and bond between people who are in love and want to build a life together.

Some people I love dearly disapprove of my sexual orientation (do they disapprove of my eye color, too?), and would never bless my marrying a man. It hurts. I only want what they want, and what many of them already have--a stable, loving, lifelong relationship.

I'd like to think we've come a long ways in 2009. But maybe I'm fooling myself. There are still plenty of folks who think I'm taking the first train to hell. They may not say it outright, but their actions show me, they think they are above me. So much for "love one another."
When you say supposedly, here are the verses in question.
http://www.openbible.info/topics/man_sh ... y_with_man
I feel the same way. It's separation of church and state. They have no right to say who you can and cannot marry.
[ShadowPhoenix]

Hmm, I believe in all honesty, that the bible was tampered with. I think that certain things of the bible are true, as most of christianity was pulled from other religions, ours being one of them. However, I believe some very bad people wrote parts in the bible that made a god in THEIR image and I feel strongly that this is the case, and always have. If that is not the case then this so-called god with his hatred and jealousy is a false god as he doesn't even deserve or own the title of "God".
Crowfeather
Banned Member

Post by Crowfeather »

ShadowPhoenix wrote:Hmm, I believe in all honesty, that the bible was tampered with. I think that certain things of the bible are true, as most of christianity was pulled from other religions, ours being one of them. However, I believe some very bad people wrote parts in the bible that made a god in THEIR image and I feel strongly that this is the case, and always have. If that is not the case then this so-called god with his hatred and jealousy is a false god as he doesn't even deserve or own the title of "God".
I know ShadowPhoenix.
I don't associate myself with this in any way. I was once Christian, when I was ignorant and believed whatever was force fed me.
I'm just showing the verse that he said "supposedly" was there.
Whether it's there by 'God's hand' or someone like you described I think we all know the answer to.
[ShadowPhoenix]

I know Crowfeather, you just put that there for reference. I was merely expressing what I believe to be true...No attack intended for you. :P

Return to “LGBT Chat and Concerns”