This thing keeps happening to me...

Discussion about out-of-body experiences (astral travel), lucid dreaming, and other sleep related phenomenon such as night terrors and sleep paralysis.
The Judge

Post by The Judge »

I've seen these lights as well and still do however frommy first experiencewith the voices in the dark and a really shall we say heavy presence of another person thats not there I don't turn the lights off very often anymore I always get this feeling something is watching me and no good will come of it, thats te feeling i get anyway and its made things in my room like dark corners very close to my feild of vision. This may be general paranoia however the feeling has been the same for years now I just can't bring myself to face it yet . I know the conquer your fears or they will conquer you saying but this is something i've lived with since i was four years old. I can bear the dark for a while but then I become so tense I have to turn on a light, even if it'sjust a candle something to focus on instead of that which i can only fel and not see. this is especially a problem when the power cuts out, i lived in the basement with no windows and noworking flashlights are in that room, just a lantern and I never had a lighter.
Do not attempt, Achieve
Do not hear, Listen
Do not go blindly forward, See
Do not judge, Understand
Do not forget, for in this you shall learn nothing
-The Judge
jcrowfoot

Post by jcrowfoot »

I have found energy work to work in these situations. I used to be nervous, down right frightened of the dark, and now I prefer it.

I light an internal candle in my mind and visualize it's light filling the room, ejecting any unfortunate critters who wish me harm or discomfort. I also call my spirit helpers to help with this process. Make sure they are all hostiles before ejecting them. If they try to confuse the issue or make a bid for being obnoxious without your consent to be there, ask them to wait outside your space of protection and take a number. You don't have to tolerate critters in the dark.

My view of that spooked out feeling about darkness is that it's easier to see astral entities in the dark, and the fear is the knowledge that you are seeing what you don't understand. Now that's just my reading... it's a fear of the unknown. But if you use your other senses, and you *know* what's there, then the fear is more manageable.

Other times, that fear of the dark comes from bad things having happened in the dark, and it's PSTD. Dealing with that is more complicated, but actually I've had some luck with the above working in that situation, too.

Return to “OBEs, Astral Travel, Lucid Dreaming”